Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Available online and at your local retailer May 2014 Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
The world is full of different kinds of crafters — what kind are you? Take our quiz to find out and be entered to win a prize pack of craft tools, valued at over $400!
Pin an inspiring DIY project that could transform your craft room, and you could win a prize pack of fabulous Fiskars tools, valued at over $400!
Fun and easy ways to bring a touch of spring to your gifts and home.
I love the look of subway art! It’s inspired me to gather up my various Fiskars stamps and create a scaled down version of my own. I chose a birthday theme for my project that will make a fun home décor addition to our upcoming birthday celebrations this year.
1. Cut an 8 inch x 10 inch piece of background cardstock to place in the frame.
Note: I removed the glass from the frame and placed the cardstock at the front so that my framed art could be dimensional.
2. Cut a 6 inch x 8 inch piece of kraft cardstock to stamp on.
3. Gather any Fiskars stamps that fit the theme of your design and begin to create a preliminary layout of how each stamp will fit in the 6 x 8 space. Include space for punches or other design images in addition to the words and phrases. I temporarily adhered 2 pieces of punched cardstock to reserve those spaces.
4. Determine where you want to start stamping. I lightly drew a pencil line across the kraft cardstock where I had positioned 2 large stamps. It was about the midpoint of the paper and served as a good starting point for how I had my project laid out. Use black ink for the most dramatic effect.
5. Work around the space, keeping the words close together and rearranging the design or choosing other stamps as needed. Take your time. You’ll see that as my project progressed, I needed to swap out stamps and change my design a bit since I sometimes I had more space and could accommodate other images or more words and phrases. Look at the overall space and try to fill any gaps without overcrowding it.
6. Once the bottom space is stamped completely, begin the same process to cover the top of the kraft cardstock background.
7. Use markers or colored pencils to color in some of the designs – ribbons, stars, etc.
8. Next, use the Stamp Blocks to stamp images (birthday cake and candle) onto white pattern paper. Color with colored pencils and cut out with a Craft Knife.
9. With adhesive foam, adhere the Postage Stamp Squeeze Punch and the stamped images to the reserved space on the stamp kraft cardstock.
10. Adhere the completed stamped kraft cardstock piece to the center of the blue cardstock background already within the frame to complete the project.
Create other themes (holiday, seasonal, wedding, baby and more) similar to what I’ve done here and change out your framed art as you wish.
Bo Bunny Cardstock –
Powder Blue Journal and Avocado Double Dot
Black 8 inch x 10 inch frame