Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Fiskars’ new Simple Stick Repositionable Rubber Stamps will make any project shine with the beautiful designs they offer in the new collection. For these Mothers Day cards, I chose two very simple techniques – using colored pencils and black ink on one and using white embossing powder on the other.
Love You Mom Instructions:
1. Start by first lightly tracing a Journal Shape and a Tag Lever Punch onto white cardstock. This will make it easier to position the stamps to fit within the areas to be cut out.
2. Stamp floral images using black ink for the Journal Shape and the “love you” sentiment for the tag. Add additional floral designs to fill in areas. Let the stamped images on the tag over lap the Tag area.
3. Use watercolor colored pencils to partially color in images. I used a pink pencil to color in the center portion of the petals.
4. Then use a blending pen to blend the colored pencil onto the rest of the white area of each petal.
5. Use the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and Journal Shape Template as well as the Tag Lever Punch to cut out the shapes for the card. Use the 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punch to create a hole in the tag. Add alpha stickers for “mom”.
6. Cut a 4.5 inch x 5 inch piece of dark grey cardstock and use the 3-in-1 Summer Fun Corner Squeeze Punch on all four corners. Adhere the floral stamped Journal shape a bit to the left on the grey cardstock.
7. Cut 2 strips of brightly colored pattern paper and adhere across the Journal Shape.
8. Wrap a piece of twine around the grey cardstock twice and tie a knot near the right side of the journal shape.
9. Use adhesive foam to adhere the tag near the knot. Loop the twine through the hole in the tag and tie a bow.
10. Adhere this onto a 5 inch x 6 inch card made from white cardstock.
11. To complete the card, accent each of the pink flowers with a crackle medium and let dry thoroughly.
Happy Mother’s Day Instructions:
1. Stamp images onto kraft cardstock using embossing ink.
2. Promptly sprinkle white embossing powder on each image as they are stamped.
3. Turn over the kraft paper to remove any excess embossing powder that does not stick to the stamped images. I turn mine over onto another piece of cardstock so that I can easily roll it up and empty the remaining embossing powder back into its container.
4. Use a heat tool to set the embossing powder.
5. Use colored pencils to color in any part of the images you wish.
6. Cut the floral tree using the Circle Shape Template. Cut the bracketed sentiment and the butterfly with Micro Tip Scissors and with the Craft Knife.
7. Cut another larger circle from the blue pattern paper and adhere it behind the circle. Trim the edges with the Scallop Paper Edgers.
8. Create a 6 inch square card from kraft cardstock. Cut a 6 inch black piece of pattern paper and adhere it to the front of the card.
9. Create a Scalloped Sentiment border strip from pink pattern paper that is about 6.5 inches long and adhere it across the card.
10. Cut a blue strip of pattern paper narrow enough to fit inside the pink pattern paper. Run it through the Crimping Tool and then trim it down to 6.5 inches across. Adhere this to the card as shown.
11. Adhere the scalloped circle as well as the sentiment and butterfly using adhesive foam to complete the card.
Bella Blvd Sophisticates Sprinkles & Lace – Peep, Oreo and Ice; Plastino Forget Me Nots; Quattrofina Alpha Stickers – Spinach & Pickle Juice
Watercolor colored pencils, stamping markers, blending pen, black ink, embossing ink and white embossing powder