It’s hot outside. Gardeners can escape summer’s heat by retreating to the air-conditioning or a shady porch, but garden plants... Read more »
August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear technology m... Read more »
Specifically designed to reduce the effort required to cut tough tree and shrub branches, this durable pruner includes an easy-... Read more »
This pro-style pruner features adjustable blade tension to fit your hand strength and the toughness of the material you’re cutt... Read more »
Reusable snack packs are an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic baggies, and not only are they much cuter, they’ll... Read more »
Using Duck Tape® to cover a simple notebook can take your journals from mediocre to marvelous in no time! Read more »
These sturdy little Duck Tape® magnetic pockets are easy to make and will help keep a locker organized and small school suppli... Read more »
As the parent of a picky eater, my morning routine before school always entails packing a lunch. Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
This simple school skirt is very easy to make and beginner seamstresses will enjoy making more than one! Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears feature premium-grade, stainless-steel RazorEdge™ blades precisio... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears feature premium-grade, stainless-steel Razo... Read more »
Taking a photo of your children on their first day back at school after a long summer is a tradition in many families. Read more »
It's time to get into back-to-school mode! That means it's time to begin browsing the store shelves for the necessities to hel... Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
There is something fun and freeing about creating mixed media art, especially when you only need a few tools and a little time... Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
Infused with avant-garde Scandinavian style, our Quantum™ Pruner integrates only the highest-grade materials with Scandinavian... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Use our AdvantEdge™ Punch System with any Fiskars border punch cartridge (sold separately) to add perfectly aligned decorative... Read more »
Fiskars’ new Simple Stick Repositionable Rubber Stamps will make any project shine with the beautiful designs they offer in the new collection. For these Mothers Day cards, I chose two very simple techniques – using colored pencils and black ink on one and using white embossing powder on the other.
Love You Mom Instructions:
1. Start by first lightly tracing a Journal Shape and a Tag Lever Punch onto white cardstock. This will make it easier to position the stamps to fit within the areas to be cut out.
2. Stamp floral images using black ink for the Journal Shape and the “love you” sentiment for the tag. Add additional floral designs to fill in areas. Let the stamped images on the tag over lap the Tag area.
3. Use watercolor colored pencils to partially color in images. I used a pink pencil to color in the center portion of the petals.
4. Then use a blending pen to blend the colored pencil onto the rest of the white area of each petal.
5. Use the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and Journal Shape Template as well as the Tag Lever Punch to cut out the shapes for the card. Use the 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punch to create a hole in the tag. Add alpha stickers for “mom”.
6. Cut a 4.5 inch x 5 inch piece of dark grey cardstock and use the 3-in-1 Summer Fun Corner Squeeze Punch on all four corners. Adhere the floral stamped Journal shape a bit to the left on the grey cardstock.
7. Cut 2 strips of brightly colored pattern paper and adhere across the Journal Shape.
8. Wrap a piece of twine around the grey cardstock twice and tie a knot near the right side of the journal shape.
9. Use adhesive foam to adhere the tag near the knot. Loop the twine through the hole in the tag and tie a bow.
10. Adhere this onto a 5 inch x 6 inch card made from white cardstock.
11. To complete the card, accent each of the pink flowers with a crackle medium and let dry thoroughly.
Happy Mother’s Day Instructions:
1. Stamp images onto kraft cardstock using embossing ink.
2. Promptly sprinkle white embossing powder on each image as they are stamped.
3. Turn over the kraft paper to remove any excess embossing powder that does not stick to the stamped images. I turn mine over onto another piece of cardstock so that I can easily roll it up and empty the remaining embossing powder back into its container.
4. Use a heat tool to set the embossing powder.
5. Use colored pencils to color in any part of the images you wish.
6. Cut the floral tree using the Circle Shape Template. Cut the bracketed sentiment and the butterfly with Micro Tip Scissors and with the Craft Knife.
7. Cut another larger circle from the blue pattern paper and adhere it behind the circle. Trim the edges with the Scallop Paper Edgers.
8. Create a 6 inch square card from kraft cardstock. Cut a 6 inch black piece of pattern paper and adhere it to the front of the card.
9. Create a Scalloped Sentiment border strip from pink pattern paper that is about 6.5 inches long and adhere it across the card.
10. Cut a blue strip of pattern paper narrow enough to fit inside the pink pattern paper. Run it through the Crimping Tool and then trim it down to 6.5 inches across. Adhere this to the card as shown.
11. Adhere the scalloped circle as well as the sentiment and butterfly using adhesive foam to complete the card.
Bella Blvd Sophisticates Sprinkles & Lace – Peep, Oreo and Ice; Plastino Forget Me Nots; Quattrofina Alpha Stickers – Spinach & Pickle Juice
Watercolor colored pencils, stamping markers, blending pen, black ink, embossing ink and white embossing powder