Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Available online and at your local retailer May 2014 Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
The world is full of different kinds of crafters — what kind are you? Take our quiz to find out and be entered to win a prize pack of craft tools, valued at over $400!
Pin an inspiring DIY project that could transform your craft room, and you could win a prize pack of fabulous Fiskars tools, valued at over $400!
Fun and easy ways to bring a touch of spring to your gifts and home.
Using the Fuse Creativity System® with the scalloped birthday square embellishment, you can create a unique keepsake banner that can be used again and again as part of your birthday partytradition.
1. Begin but cutting 6 inch x 11 inch strips of fabric. I used a natural colored canvas because its color is neutral, allowing the decorative embellishment to shine, and because the heavier weight of the material keeps its shape under the weight of the embellishments. Cut a triangle out of the bottom of each rectangle by finding the center, measuring up 3 inches, and using a Fiskars acrylic ruler and rotary cutter to cut from that point to each corner. Stitch around the perimeter of each section using a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
2. Use the scalloped birhtday square plate, black ink, and white cardstock to create a letterpressed diecut for each section of the banner. Mount these to 5 inch x 5 inch squares of patterned paper with your favorite adhesive.
4. Add punched stars and music notes to the white space of each die cut and stitch the squares to the canvas sections.
5. To string the banner together, cut 2 inch wide strips of a coordinating fabric and stitch them together end to end to the desire length. My banner has 7 sections and I used three 45 inch lengths of fabric which left me with plenty of excess at each end for hanging the banner. Find the center of the strip and center one of the sections over it, fold the strip in half to encase the top of the section, and pin the layers together. Continue adding sections to the strip leaving 3 inches of space between them. Also fold the excess fabric
6. Finish the banner by starting at one end of the folded fabric strip and stitching along the entire length of it with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
1/2 yard of canvas
2 sheets white cardstock
1 sheet black cardstock
1/3 yard fabric for ties