Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Available online and at your local retailer May 2014 Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
The world is full of different kinds of crafters — what kind are you? Take our quiz to find out and be entered to win a prize pack of craft tools, valued at over $400!
Pin an inspiring DIY project that could transform your craft room, and you could win a prize pack of fabulous Fiskars tools, valued at over $400!
Fun and easy ways to bring a touch of spring to your gifts and home.
Cupcake toppers have become very popular, and I am going to show you a few shortcuts to achieving some of the trendiest looks using your Fiskars tools.
Pinwheels are definitely my favorite trend at the moment. They are just happiness on a stick! Here's how to create a mini scalloped version with a punch.
1. Punch an XL Square-A-Licious from double-sided patterned paper. A lighter weight paper works best.
2. Cut a slit from each corner toward the center, being sure to stop short of center as shown.
3. Add a mini glue dot to the center of front.
4. Fold up one corner of each flap toward center and adhere onto glue dot.
5. Repeat for all flaps and top with mini button adhered with another glue dot. Press down at the center firmly with the end of a pen to achieve a strong seal.
6. With one final mini glue dot folded, adhere pinwheel to lollipop stick, bamboo skewer, or toothpick.
Flags are everywhere and definitely one of the hottest trends going right now. Here is a super stylish option using pinking shears or edgers.
1. Trim a half inch strip of patterned paper to double the length of desired flag.
2. Apply adhesive to back side of strip and fold in half onto bamboo skewer or toothpick and press to secure.
3. Trim off end of flag with pinking shears or edgers for easy decorative edge.
My next favorite cupcake trend is edible design toppers. Fiskars stamps help make this technique fail-proof.
1. Stamp flower design repeatedly onto white paper.
2. Melt melting chocolates per package directions.
3. Place a sheet of wax paper over stamped design and pipe melted chocolate along design.
4. Add an M&M or similar candy at center and allow to dry fully.
5. Once fully dry, carefully peel from wax paper and insert into cupcake frosting.
My favorite trend is still the quirky mustache, even when it is completely random to the party's theme. These would be absolutely adorable for a boy baby shower. Luckily they are super simple to make yourself!
1. Fold a sheet of stiffened felt (available at craft store) and place leaf shape from Flowers template along folded edge as shown.
2. Trace design with pen or disappearing ink marker.
3. Cut out shape while still folded.
4. Unfold to reveal mustache and adhere (or hot glue) to toothpick.