Here comes the bride — and the groom, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen – plan ahead, practice a little, and then enjoy bring... Read more »
Choose flowers you really love for romantic and beautiful wedding centerpieces you’ll always remember. Read more »
When you’re filling out your wish-list of wedding gifts, don’t forget to include supplies for the garden shed. With the right... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our powerful shears make shaping and trimming hedges and shrubs easier than ever. Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented-pending tec... Read more »
Making your own wedding invites and thank you cards is a delightful task when you a few versatile tools and simple techniques... Read more »
Adding a small photo charm to a bride’s bouquet is a touching way for a bride to remember someone special on her wedding day. Read more »
Create a beautiful setting for your post-wedding brunch. Using these Fiskars tools will make the project even easier. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Choose our low-maintenance Photo Bypass Paper Trimmer to trim large quantities of photos with speed and precision. An easy-to-u... Read more »
Window treatments can turn a room from drab to fab, but if you’re on a budget sometimes hand-me-down curtains will have to do,... Read more »
Crop tops are making a comeback, but with a new shape, a longer length and a swinging silhouette. Stay ahead of the trends by... Read more »
If you’re not ready to fully embrace the trend for bold 70’s prints in your clothing, why not reflect it with a gloriously lou... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back together to c... Read more »
Our Classic Stick Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade is ideal for crisp, controlled cuts on a wide variety of materials. A symmet... Read more »
Make clean up time a fun game for the kids! It becomes really easy for toddlers and preschoolers to match their toys to their... Read more »
Funny Face Magnet Gift Wrap is simple to make and quite literally gives each gift magnetic personality. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
With a few discarded mailing tubes, construction paper, and Fiskars Squeeze Punches you can craft these characters in under 20 minutes.
The AdvantEdge™ Punch System features slide-and-lock technology that makes punching perfectly aligned borders easier than ever.
One of my favorite holiday activities is baking cookies. I always have the grandest of plans – I’ll bake dozens of cookies, trying out all of the delicious recipes that appear on my favorite blogs and in holiday magazines. Guess what happens every year? I run out of time. Sound familiar? Want a better way to spend your time than slaving over a hot oven? Host a holiday cookie exchange! You’ll get to spend time with friends and go home with dozens of cookies. Now that’s what I call holiday spirit! Read on for easy tips on planning a successful holiday cookie exchange…
1. Make your guest list – plan to invite 10-14 people. It’s best to send out invitations at least 4 weeks in advance (we all know how hectic the holidays can be!). Ask for guests to RSVP with the type of treat that they’ll be bringing so that you don’t end up with too many duplicates.
2. When you have a final total of attendees, decide how many cookies each guest should bring. An easy rule of thumb is to plan on having each guest bring home ½ to a full dozen of each cookie. So, if you have 10 guests, they’ll each provide 5 dozen cookies. It may be easiest to exclude yourself from this calculation, and plan on your cookies being provided to snack on during the party.
3. About a week before the party, start baking cookies. Browse your favorite magazines, cookbooks, and cooking blogs for new recipes. I tend to look for “sturdy” cookies that will travel well – I don’t want guests arriving home with lots of crumbs!
4. Plan to provide festive drinks for guests, as well. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolates pair well with sweet treats.
5. Ask each guest to bring recipe cards to accompany their cookies. You may even want to provide binder rings and a hole punch so that guests can easily create a recipe flip book.
6. Remind guests to bring several large containers to transport their cookies in. It will be helpful to also have parchment paper on hand to help protect layers of cookies.
7. Create fun favors for guests – maybe small jars of candies or cookie ingredients, or brightly colored measuring spoons, whisks, or other supplies.
8. On the day of the party, set out pretty trays to hold cookies. Bowls of holiday candies will brighten up the table and give guests even more sweets to snack on! Put on some of your favorite holiday tunes, and most importantly – ENJOY!
9. Create easy bag toppers for thank you gifts for your guests. Fill the bags with cookies or candies.