Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
One of my favorite holiday activities is baking cookies. I always have the grandest of plans – I’ll bake dozens of cookies, trying out all of the delicious recipes that appear on my favorite blogs and in holiday magazines. Guess what happens every year? I run out of time. Sound familiar? Want a better way to spend your time than slaving over a hot oven? Host a holiday cookie exchange! You’ll get to spend time with friends and go home with dozens of cookies. Now that’s what I call holiday spirit! Read on for easy tips on planning a successful holiday cookie exchange…
1. Make your guest list – plan to invite 10-14 people. It’s best to send out invitations at least 4 weeks in advance (we all know how hectic the holidays can be!). Ask for guests to RSVP with the type of treat that they’ll be bringing so that you don’t end up with too many duplicates.
2. When you have a final total of attendees, decide how many cookies each guest should bring. An easy rule of thumb is to plan on having each guest bring home ½ to a full dozen of each cookie. So, if you have 10 guests, they’ll each provide 5 dozen cookies. It may be easiest to exclude yourself from this calculation, and plan on your cookies being provided to snack on during the party.
3. About a week before the party, start baking cookies. Browse your favorite magazines, cookbooks, and cooking blogs for new recipes. I tend to look for “sturdy” cookies that will travel well – I don’t want guests arriving home with lots of crumbs!
4. Plan to provide festive drinks for guests, as well. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolates pair well with sweet treats.
5. Ask each guest to bring recipe cards to accompany their cookies. You may even want to provide binder rings and a hole punch so that guests can easily create a recipe flip book.
6. Remind guests to bring several large containers to transport their cookies in. It will be helpful to also have parchment paper on hand to help protect layers of cookies.
7. Create fun favors for guests – maybe small jars of candies or cookie ingredients, or brightly colored measuring spoons, whisks, or other supplies.
8. On the day of the party, set out pretty trays to hold cookies. Bowls of holiday candies will brighten up the table and give guests even more sweets to snack on! Put on some of your favorite holiday tunes, and most importantly – ENJOY!
9. Create easy bag toppers for thank you gifts for your guests. Fill the bags with cookies or candies.