Keeping the garden tidy requires a few deft moves with the right tools, and, time and again over the seasons, shrub rakes are... Read more »
Entire books have been written on the science of making compost, but it isn’t as hard as people think. In five easy steps, you... Read more »
Weeding, pruning, and raking all make a huge difference in the appearance of a garden, but, to finish the job, you have to rou... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Are school fundraiser ideas keeping you up at night? A unique handmade art piece that represents your school is sure to be a p... Read more »
Creating beautiful and personal touches does not have to be difficult, especially when you have great designs to work with! Read more »
Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a simple hoodie into a super simple unicorn costume and take the stress and pressure out of making a complicated Hal... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
A personalized Duck Tape® crown is quick and easy to make with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors. It is a fun way to cele... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
One of my favorite holiday activities is baking cookies. I always have the grandest of plans – I’ll bake dozens of cookies, trying out all of the delicious recipes that appear on my favorite blogs and in holiday magazines. Guess what happens every year? I run out of time. Sound familiar? Want a better way to spend your time than slaving over a hot oven? Host a holiday cookie exchange! You’ll get to spend time with friends and go home with dozens of cookies. Now that’s what I call holiday spirit! Read on for easy tips on planning a successful holiday cookie exchange…
1. Make your guest list – plan to invite 10-14 people. It’s best to send out invitations at least 4 weeks in advance (we all know how hectic the holidays can be!). Ask for guests to RSVP with the type of treat that they’ll be bringing so that you don’t end up with too many duplicates.
2. When you have a final total of attendees, decide how many cookies each guest should bring. An easy rule of thumb is to plan on having each guest bring home ½ to a full dozen of each cookie. So, if you have 10 guests, they’ll each provide 5 dozen cookies. It may be easiest to exclude yourself from this calculation, and plan on your cookies being provided to snack on during the party.
3. About a week before the party, start baking cookies. Browse your favorite magazines, cookbooks, and cooking blogs for new recipes. I tend to look for “sturdy” cookies that will travel well – I don’t want guests arriving home with lots of crumbs!
4. Plan to provide festive drinks for guests, as well. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolates pair well with sweet treats.
5. Ask each guest to bring recipe cards to accompany their cookies. You may even want to provide binder rings and a hole punch so that guests can easily create a recipe flip book.
6. Remind guests to bring several large containers to transport their cookies in. It will be helpful to also have parchment paper on hand to help protect layers of cookies.
7. Create fun favors for guests – maybe small jars of candies or cookie ingredients, or brightly colored measuring spoons, whisks, or other supplies.
8. On the day of the party, set out pretty trays to hold cookies. Bowls of holiday candies will brighten up the table and give guests even more sweets to snack on! Put on some of your favorite holiday tunes, and most importantly – ENJOY!
9. Create easy bag toppers for thank you gifts for your guests. Fill the bags with cookies or candies.