Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Handmade holiday gift toppers can add a creative finished touch to your packages this season and dress up even the simplest wrapping paper. I used a few Fiskars tools to put these together in just minutes.
Pinwheel Bow Instructions:
1. For the larger pinwheel, trace and cut 6 pinwheel pieces from double sided pattern paper. Use the Lever Circles Corner Punch on the right angle.
2. Curve each piece and apply adhesive to tabs and press together.
3. Use the .125 Circle Hand Punch to punch a hole in the center of the tabs.
4. Use a large brad to join the pieces together like a pinwheel.
5. For the smaller pinwheel, cut a 3.5 inch square from pattern paper and cut the diagonal of each corner within .5 inch of the center.
6. Trim one side of each cut line with Scallop Paper Edgers.
7. Fold down the straight edge half of each corner and adhere to the center of the pinwheel.
8. Punch a small circle and adhere to the center of the smaller pinwheel.
9. Adhere the smaller pinwheel to the center of the larger and the Pinwheel Bow is ready to be added to your gift.
Instructions for the Streamer Bow:
1. Use the Rotary Trimmer with a Scallop Blade to cut 16 or more - .25 inch wide by 12 inch scalloped strips of double sided pattern paper.
2. Use the straight edge of a pair of scissors carefully or a flat edge ruler to curl the paper as you would a piece of ribbon.
3. Hand Punch a .125 inch hole at the end of each piece.
4. Attach all the curled strips together with a large brad.
5. Punch a small circle and adhere it to the center of the bow to cover the brad.
6. Arrange the curled streamers evenly and trim the top center pieces 1 - 2 inches to round it off and then attach it to your gift.
Instructions for the Christmas Berry Pick:
1. Cut a 5 inch square from pattern paper and run it through the Paper Crimper diagonally.
2. Accordion fold along every other crimped line across the paper.
3. Fold in half and wrap a piece of floral wire around the center to create a kind of floral pick.
4. Wrap the bottom of the paper fold and the wire in floral tape.
5. Add an artificial berry sprig and also wrap in floral tape.
6. Glue a piece of cinnamon stick to the center.
7. Tie a 6 inch piece of red ribbon around the pick and attach to your gift with adhesive.