Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Dress up any bottle of wine or champagne this season with these festive tags to celebrate the New Year. The tags can be used in place of gift wrap or a traditional card. Iíve made three tags featuring the new Scroll and Floral Vine Lever Corner Punches as well as embellishing them with images and sentiments from a few Fiskarsí stamp sets.
Instructions – Ring in the New Year!:
1. Cut a 9 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and score it 3 inches from one end (the top).
2. Use the Scroll Corner Lever Punch on all 4 corners of the tag.
3. Use the Everywhere Punch tool with the Circle Punch attachments and punch a circle in the center of the top section.
4. Cut a 2 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and adhere it across the bottom portion of the tag.
5. Cut a shape from the Journal Shape Template with the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and adhere it to the center of the tag.
6. Cut a 2.5 inch circle from the Circle Shape Template; trim edge with Scallop Paper Edgers and adhere to the center of the journal shape.
7. Squeeze Punch a 2 inch circle to frame the bell paper punch out and adhere with adhesive foam in the center of the scalloped circle.
8. Stamp the holly leaves from the Winter Wonderland stamp set onto green pattern paper; cut out with the Retractable Fingertip Craft Knife and adhere above the circles.
9. Print out the sentiment 'Ring in the New Year!' on a curve (I used WordArt); trim an arched strip around the wording leaving an inch or more on each end.
10. Use the Medium Mint Condition to trim off each end like a banner; then fold and adhere below the scalloped circle with adhesive foam.
Instructions – Celebrate (small bottle):
1. Cut a 6.5 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and score it 3 inches from one end (the top) as it was done in the above tag.
2. Use the Oval Shape Template and Ultra ShapeXpress Tool to cut a 1.5 inch x 2 inch opening in the top section of the tag.
3. Stamp the grape leaf image in both top corners of the tag.
4. Cut the blue pattern paper to fit just inside the lower area of the tag and use the Floral Vine Corner Lever Punch on all 4 corners.
5. Cut a piece of red pattern paper to tuck inside the blue, fitting the corners under the punched design as shown.
6. Stamp the wine/champagne bottle design and the wine glasses on both purple and tan pattern papers; layer pieces to overlap colors of the design and adhere to the red pattern paper.
7. Stamp the sentiments – 'Great Times' and 'Celebrate' on tan pattern paper; trim or punch with the Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch and adhere to the tag and bottle.
Instructions – Happy New Year!
1. Create a tag in the same fashion as the 'Ring in the New Year' tag – same size and create the same opening with the Everywhere Window Punch.
2. Use the Chip Off the Ol’ Block Corner Squeeze Punch on the top and the 1/4 Round the Corner Squeeze Punch on the bottom corners.
3. For the center, I cut an image from the pattern paper and adhered it to the center of the lower portion of the tag.
4. Cut a 3 inch circle from tan pattern paper with the Circle Shape Template and the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and trim with the Scallop Paper Edgers.
5. Use the Snowflake Pop Up Punch on blue pattern paper and then punch a circle around the snowflake using the Medium Round – Round Squeeze Punch. Adhere this to the center of the scalloped circle with adhesive foam.
6. To create the large snowflake, punch 6 times from blue pattern paper with the Scroll Lever Corner Punch – saving the larger scrolled punched pieces. Also punch 6 times again from blue pattern paper with the Floral Vine Lever Corner Punch – saving the small swirl shape. Arrange the scrolls and flourishes around the snowflake circle and glue in place.
7. Stamp the other snowflake images using the Winter Wonderland stamp set and punch out with the Medium Round – Round and Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punches. Adhere both with adhesive foam.
8. Print sentiment on tan pattern paper; cut out strip and again use the Mint Condition Squeeze Punch to create the tail on the right; bend paper strip and adhere near top of tag, tucking left side under the snowflake.
9. Apply glitter glue to the snowflake stamped images and the paper pieced snowflake as well.
Other suggestions: For the personal sized bottles, add names to the tags and use them as both name placecards and favors at the party.
Graphic 45 Christmas Past pattern paper and tags