It’s hot outside. Gardeners can escape summer’s heat by retreating to the air-conditioning or a shady porch, but garden plants... Read more »
August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear technology m... Read more »
Specifically designed to reduce the effort required to cut tough tree and shrub branches, this durable pruner includes an easy-... Read more »
This pro-style pruner features adjustable blade tension to fit your hand strength and the toughness of the material you’re cutt... Read more »
Reusable snack packs are an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic baggies, and not only are they much cuter, they’ll... Read more »
Using Duck Tape® to cover a simple notebook can take your journals from mediocre to marvelous in no time! Read more »
These sturdy little Duck Tape® magnetic pockets are easy to make and will help keep a locker organized and small school suppli... Read more »
As the parent of a picky eater, my morning routine before school always entails packing a lunch. Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
This simple school skirt is very easy to make and beginner seamstresses will enjoy making more than one! Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Taking a photo of your children on their first day back at school after a long summer is a tradition in many families. Read more »
It's time to get into back-to-school mode! That means it's time to begin browsing the store shelves for the necessities to hel... Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
There is something fun and freeing about creating mixed media art, especially when you only need a few tools and a little time... Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
Infused with avant-garde Scandinavian style, our Quantum™ Pruner integrates only the highest-grade materials with Scandinavian... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Use our AdvantEdge™ Punch System with any Fiskars border punch cartridge (sold separately) to add perfectly aligned decorative... Read more »
Dress up any bottle of wine or champagne this season with these festive tags to celebrate the New Year. The tags can be used in place of gift wrap or a traditional card. Iíve made three tags featuring the new Scroll and Floral Vine Lever Corner Punches as well as embellishing them with images and sentiments from a few Fiskarsí stamp sets.
Instructions – Ring in the New Year!:
1. Cut a 9 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and score it 3 inches from one end (the top).
2. Use the Scroll Corner Lever Punch on all 4 corners of the tag.
3. Use the Everywhere Punch tool with the Circle Punch attachments and punch a circle in the center of the top section.
4. Cut a 2 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and adhere it across the bottom portion of the tag.
5. Cut a shape from the Journal Shape Template with the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and adhere it to the center of the tag.
6. Cut a 2.5 inch circle from the Circle Shape Template; trim edge with Scallop Paper Edgers and adhere to the center of the journal shape.
7. Squeeze Punch a 2 inch circle to frame the bell paper punch out and adhere with adhesive foam in the center of the scalloped circle.
8. Stamp the holly leaves from the Winter Wonderland stamp set onto green pattern paper; cut out with the Retractable Fingertip Craft Knife and adhere above the circles.
9. Print out the sentiment 'Ring in the New Year!' on a curve (I used WordArt); trim an arched strip around the wording leaving an inch or more on each end.
10. Use the Medium Mint Condition to trim off each end like a banner; then fold and adhere below the scalloped circle with adhesive foam.
Instructions – Celebrate (small bottle):
1. Cut a 6.5 inch x 3.5 inch piece of pattern paper and score it 3 inches from one end (the top) as it was done in the above tag.
2. Use the Oval Shape Template and Ultra ShapeXpress Tool to cut a 1.5 inch x 2 inch opening in the top section of the tag.
3. Stamp the grape leaf image in both top corners of the tag.
4. Cut the blue pattern paper to fit just inside the lower area of the tag and use the Floral Vine Corner Lever Punch on all 4 corners.
5. Cut a piece of red pattern paper to tuck inside the blue, fitting the corners under the punched design as shown.
6. Stamp the wine/champagne bottle design and the wine glasses on both purple and tan pattern papers; layer pieces to overlap colors of the design and adhere to the red pattern paper.
7. Stamp the sentiments – 'Great Times' and 'Celebrate' on tan pattern paper; trim or punch with the Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch and adhere to the tag and bottle.
Instructions – Happy New Year!
1. Create a tag in the same fashion as the 'Ring in the New Year' tag – same size and create the same opening with the Everywhere Window Punch.
2. Use the Chip Off the Ol’ Block Corner Squeeze Punch on the top and the 1/4 Round the Corner Squeeze Punch on the bottom corners.
3. For the center, I cut an image from the pattern paper and adhered it to the center of the lower portion of the tag.
4. Cut a 3 inch circle from tan pattern paper with the Circle Shape Template and the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool and trim with the Scallop Paper Edgers.
5. Use the Snowflake Pop Up Punch on blue pattern paper and then punch a circle around the snowflake using the Medium Round – Round Squeeze Punch. Adhere this to the center of the scalloped circle with adhesive foam.
6. To create the large snowflake, punch 6 times from blue pattern paper with the Scroll Lever Corner Punch – saving the larger scrolled punched pieces. Also punch 6 times again from blue pattern paper with the Floral Vine Lever Corner Punch – saving the small swirl shape. Arrange the scrolls and flourishes around the snowflake circle and glue in place.
7. Stamp the other snowflake images using the Winter Wonderland stamp set and punch out with the Medium Round – Round and Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punches. Adhere both with adhesive foam.
8. Print sentiment on tan pattern paper; cut out strip and again use the Mint Condition Squeeze Punch to create the tail on the right; bend paper strip and adhere near top of tag, tucking left side under the snowflake.
9. Apply glitter glue to the snowflake stamped images and the paper pieced snowflake as well.
Other suggestions: For the personal sized bottles, add names to the tags and use them as both name placecards and favors at the party.
Graphic 45 Christmas Past pattern paper and tags