Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Available online and at your local retailer May 2014 Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
The world is full of different kinds of crafters — what kind are you? Take our quiz to find out and be entered to win a prize pack of craft tools, valued at over $400!
Pin an inspiring DIY project that could transform your craft room, and you could win a prize pack of fabulous Fiskars tools, valued at over $400!
Fun and easy ways to bring a touch of spring to your gifts and home.
They’re perfect for pinning up papers on the fridge or tacking up a recipe in the kitchen. I used a variety of Fiskars’ Squeeze and Lever Punches to paper piece the cute tag accents and then attached some of them to cards as a small gift. Fiskars’ wide variety of Clear Stamps also came in handy to stamp phrases to match.
1. Begin by making a card to frame the magnet. Since each design is framed by the Lever Punch tag, you can adjust the card or gift tag to be a variety of sizes – 5 inch x 7 inch, 3 inch x 4 inch or any size needed. Cut several layers and use the Corner Squeeze Punches or Corner Lever Punches for an interesting accent.
2. The Cupcake magnet is the simplest of the set. Squeeze Punch a Postage Stamp and then cut a small rectangle from cardstock to fit just inside the stamp shape. Squeeze Punch a Cupcake shape from two different pattern papers and use the Heart Hand Punch on the frosting piece. Layer an accent color behind the punched out area to make it stand out.
Tip: You may want to layer several cardstock tags for extra sturdiness.
3. Next, layer the pieces together onto the Lever Punched tags that are layered from cardstock and pattern paper. Adhere magnets to the back ñ I used self adhesive strips but any magnet will do. Then accent the tiny heart with glitter glue and let dry. Attach the magnet to the card with a removable glue dot or other temporary adhesive.
4. Stamp the ‘my Sweetheart’ sentiment from the All Year Greetings Stamp Set onto cardstock, trim, color in the hearts, attach to the card with adhesive foam and accent with glitter glue to complete.
5. For the Lovebird magnet, punch out the shapes shown – 2 hearts, the tree frame, a 2 inch scalloped circle and the Comma Chameleon Squeeze Punched shape (you can substitute a tear drop, a circle or even a larger heart if needed). Also punch out several tags from cardstock and one from patterned paper to make the sturdy layered tag.
6. Layer the scalloped circle and the tree frame onto the tag. Adhere the rounded heart (I layered several heart punches) at the top of the tree. Then paper piece the bird together with the hearts and comma shape and add a black dot for the eye with a marker. Once the magnet is assembled, again attach it to the card/tag with the temporary adhesive.
7. Stamp the ‘you’re so Tweet’ sentiment from the Love Bug Stamp Set onto cardstock, trim and adhere to card with adhesive foam.
8. For the Lamb magnet, punch out the shapes shown – the small rectangle for the feet, the heart and the scalloped 2 inch circle for the body. Also punch out the small circle and the feet to create the lamb’s head and ears. I used the 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punch punch on the brown cardstock for the eyes. Behind this, layer a circle from white white cardstock and use the 1/16 inch Circle Hand Punch for the pupils. Add a circle of green cardstock behind the white to show through. Adhere to the layered tag and add the magnets to the back to complete.
9. To create the Owl magnet, again punch out the shapes shown ñ a 1 inch circle for the owl’s belly; 4 hearts for the beak, the wings and the heart also on the owl’s belly; and create the owl’s head and body from a 2 inch circle with a partial circle removed from the top using the same size punch. As with the Lamb magnet, create the eyes using Circle Hand Punches ñ for the owl, I used the 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punches.
Tip: Print or Stamp these suggested phrases for the Lamb and Owl magnets - ‘I love (or heart) EWE!’; ‘OWL always love you!’