Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
To avoid being pinched, add a pop of green (and cuteness) through hair accessories and have fun in the process using high quality sewing tools and versatile shape templates!
I have designed three different accessories (plus a fun prop for the boys) that can likely be made with things you already have around the house. These are good last-minute crafts for St. Patrick's Day Eve.
If you don't have any hair accessories around to alter, how about an old tee you can cut up? I am quite obsessed with working with old t-shirts because I love the recycling aspect (and honestly I am just a very lazy sewer!).
1. To create the very simple band, cut a strip of t-shirt (at desired width) using a rotary cutter and acrylic ruler on a cutting mat. Place around head to get length and subtract a few inches to get a comfy fit. Simply sew the ends together. Now you are ready to embellish.
2. You can create a template if you are making more than one clover flower, or simply draw directly onto the edge of t-shirt material using a disappearing ink fabric marker. Here I created a template using cardstock. Trace the 1.5 inch circle from the Circles-1 template four times in a row with sides touching while lining up the bottom of the cardstock (or fabric) with the first grid line from the bottom on the template as shown. Trace onto tee and cut out with fabric scissors.
3. Hand sew a simple running stitch along the straight edge without any knotting.
4. Pull both ends of thread to gather the scallops to form a flower.
5. Knot threads together to secure. Sew onto band with thread and button.
Felt Shamrock Clip
Create a simple pop of color using some felt and the Hearts shape template.
1. Using a disappearing ink fabric marker, trace four 1.25 inch hearts onto green felt and four 1 inch hearts onto a lighter green felt. Cut out all hearts.
2. Using a hot glue gun (or felt glue), adhere a smaller heart onto each larger heart with the pointed ends aligned. Glue all hearts into a clover shape onto a 1 inch circle of felt base cut using Circles template. Glue button at center.
3. Stitch or glue felt clover onto a pin or clip to wear in hair.
Looped Shamrock Headband
This headband embellishment looks quite involved, but is actually simple to make using strips of felt and ... a stapler?
1. Cut 1 inch wide strips of green felt. You will need one 3 inch long strip and two 2.5 inch strips.
2. Fold each strip in half and staple near the folded edge as shown. Staple? Yes, staple. This is my super lazy way of making this a no-sew project. Of course if you plan on keeping yours long-term, feel free to stitch this part for durability.
3. Fold the opposite direction and hot glue (on low temp) the very bottom edges of the longest strip together as shown.
4. Glue the bottom edge of one of the shorter strips (inside edge) to the outside bottom edge of the heart-shaped piece.
5. Glue the other end of second strip to the bottom of the heart-shaped piece, forming a second heart. Repeat on other side with remaining strip.
6. Hot glue looped shamrock onto wide headband to complete.
One last accessory is for the boys. My boys are obsessed with mustaches-on-sticks. Who am I kidding, I am even more obsessed. Just so much fun and a great photo prop. So of course St. Patrick's Day deserves its very own green version!
1. Fold a piece of stiffened green felt (it's sold this way at the craft store) and trace a leaf from the Flowers & Fun template on the folded edge.
2. Cut out with fabric scissors, unfold, and hot glue to a thin dowel. It doesn't get much easier (or cuter) than that!
I challenge you to create a little something fun to accessorize with this St. Patrick's Day!