Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Trendy cord bracelets with beads and charms can be found in almost every teen fashion store as a favorite accessory. Collecting them can be pricey and if your teen is looking for a summer project, these bracelets can easily be created using Fiskars Stamps and a Hand Drill.
1. Start by taping down the wood disks to a work surface, like the Fiskars Craft Mat, with clear packing tape. The tape will hold the disks in place and prevent them from spinning as you drill.
2. Use the Fiskars Hand Drill to then create holes in the wood disks – the number of holes depends on if the disk will be used as a charm or other accent for the bracelet. I used a 3/32 inch drill bit for these bracelets.
Tip: I have to say that I prefer the Hand Drill over a standard power drill because the wood disks can crack and the Hand Drill is a little easier on the thin wood. Also, this Hand Drill does not require you to put much pressure as you drill. Let the drill bit do the work as you hold the drill steady and turn the handle. When the hole is complete, turn the handle in the opposite direction to back remove it. Brush them off and lightly sand.
3. Next, use Stamp Blocks to stamp the designs with black ink onto the disks. I used designs from both the Simple Stick Repositionable Rubber Stamps and from the Clear Stamps collections. The tiny images from the Butterfly Magic set were perfect for the small 3/4 inch charms. The floral pattern from the Shapes ‘n Such set created a detailed pattern for the 1 inch disk for the other bracelet design.
Tip: If you wish to add color to the disks apply colored markers, ink or even a watered down acrylic wash at this time and let dry.
4. When the stamped designs are dry, apply a sealer. I used a crackle medium for the small charms and a high gloss medium for the large disk. Let dry thoroughly.
5. Add jump rings to each of the small charms.
6. Then to string the charm bracelet, cut 3 – 12 inch lengths of natural hemp. Add 2 large beads (clear) to all 3 cords and push them to the far left. Then to one cord, add a small bead, the charm and another small bead. Then add a large bead to all three cords – this will trap the small beads and charm between the larger beads. To another single cord, add a small bead, the charm and another small bead. Again add a large bead to all three cords. To the final cord, repeat the small beads and charm. Add 2 large beads to all 3 cords at the far right. Tie off each end with a knot and the bracelet is complete.
7. For the black cord bracelet, cut 2 – 12 inch pieces of black hemp/cord. Fold each in half and feed the loop through the hole from the bottom of the disk, then put the 2 ends through the loop and pull to secure.
8. Add 2 beads to one cord; next add a silver bead to both cords; then add 2 beads to the other cord; and finally another silver bead to both. Tie off with a knot after the silver bead. Repeat this for the other side of the bracelet. Finally, tie both ends with a knot to complete the bracelet.
1 inch and 3/4 inch wood craft disks; Staz-On Black Ink; sealer (crackle medium or high gloss); hemp cord (20lb in natural and black); assorted beads; jump rings