Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Available online and at your local retailer May 2014 Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
The world is full of different kinds of crafters — what kind are you? Take our quiz to find out and be entered to win a prize pack of craft tools, valued at over $400!
Pin an inspiring DIY project that could transform your craft room, and you could win a prize pack of fabulous Fiskars tools, valued at over $400!
Fun and easy ways to bring a touch of spring to your gifts and home.
Here are a few ideas to try putting your Fiskars tools to work!
Apple Core Spool Card
Here's a creative way to say thank you!
1. Paint a large wooden spool (from the craft store) red and set aside to dry.
2. Type or handprint a thank you note on a strip of white paper or cardstock one half inch wider than the spool's interior. Leave an empty space at the beginning wide enough to wrap around spool once.
3. Run a scalloped border punch down both sides of strip.
4. Adhere beginning of strip to spool (I used glue dots) and wrap around once adhering again so spool is covered. Wrap message around spool and tie closed.
5. Punch a 1/4 inch heart and cut in half. Glue to core for seeds.
6. Roll a rectangle of brown cardstock and insert into center. Add glue to secure if shifting.
Teaching Award Ribbon Card
This card doubles as a wearable award pin!
1. Cut strip of striped cardstock approximately half the diameter of desired rosette.
2. Run Apron Lace border punch down one side.
3. Using scoring blade in rotary trimmer, score between each scallop along strip and accordion fold.
4. Adhere ends together in a continuous circle and press down at center to hot glue secured onto a circle punch.
5. Cut a heart from red cardstock using Ultra ShapeXpress and heart template. Trim off bottom of heart to resemble an apple.
6. Punch a small green circle and feed back through punch partially to create leaf. Hand-cut simple stem and assemble apple at center.
7. Cut two strips of patterned paper and adhere to back to form ribbons.
8. Adhere (or use self-adhesive like I did) pinback to back of award ribbon.
9. Fold white cardstock in half to create card base. Round edges with corner punch.
10. Mark the two closures of pinback onto card front with pencil and punch out with largest eyelet setter on protected surface.
11. Open pinback and insert into created holes and close to secure.
Apple Leaf Card and Snack
This simple card doubles as a healthy snack!
1. Cut out leaf using shape template and Ultra ShapeXpress. Add handwritten text or preprint text before cutting.
2. Punch a 1/8 inch hole at one side of leaf to tie onto stem with bakers twine, string, or thin ribbon.
Simple Pencil Flower Insert
1. Punch an XL scalloped circle from cardstock. Hand-write sentiment or preprint before punching.
2. Punch 1/4 inch circle at center and feed onto pencil eraser to create flower center.
3. Cut leaf using same technique as apple card above and adhere to pencil with glue dot.
1. Punch six XL oval punches from assorted cardstock, fold in half, and add letter to each spelling out 'thanks'.
2. Adhere closed over double strand of string.
3. Knot both strings together on each end of banner. Tie each end around pencil eraser above metal and tie securely.
4. Insert each pencil into plant to hold banner.