Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
This altered birdhouse is a great addition to my growing collection and I can even put it out now amongst my Christmas things since the color scheme fits in nicely. To embellish the birdhouse, I used two Clear Stamp sets along with a few Squeeze Punches to dress it up along with some left over floral supplies I had stored away.
1. Paint and distress birdhouse – this one is painted white and brown, flecked with brown acrylic paint and has a crackle medium applied over small sections and the fence – set aside and let dry thoroughly.
2. Squeeze Punch enough Funky Hearts for 8 – 9 rows of 3 or 4 hearts in each row, approximately 40 hearts.
3. Ink hearts, curl edges and begin layering the hearts across beginning at the bottom row and working up towards the peak of the roof. Do both sides
4. Once both sides are complete, trim off top excess with scissors.
5. Use the Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch on both sides of a narrow strip of the same pattern paper as the hearts. Trim to the length of the roof line; fold in half along the length and adhere along the top of the peak to cover up the raw edges of the hearts.
6. Stamp birds and Winter Wonderland images (1 scalloped and 2 “Snow”) on cream pattern paper with brown ink.
7. Cut out birds with craft knife or scissors and set aside.
8. Use the Circle Shape Template with the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool to cut a 1.5 inch circle from green pattern paper. Use the Extra Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch around the circle opening to create a scalloped ring. Adhere this to around the front of the birdhouse.
9. Create a mini raffia swag with berries by gathering several 6 inch pieces of raffia and knotting the bunch in the center with another strip of raffia. Then adhere the swag near the top of the roof peak.
10. Use the Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch on the smaller scalloped image. Adhere this to the center of the raffia swag.
11. Arrange and adhere moss, berries, and twigs at the base of the birdhouse in the fenced area.
12. Adhere birds to fence and above small post of birdhouse.
13. Cut the “Snow” stamped circles with scissors. Squeeze Punch 2 Extra Large Seal of Approval scalloped circles, then adhere the “Snow” stamped circles to the center of each. Adhere these to the each side of the house.
14. Apply SnowTex or equivalent material to birdhouse roof and outer base as well as on the fence, trying to imitate how fallen snow might look in nature.
15. Once snow is dry, apply glitter glue for extra sparkle to complete. Let dry thoroughly and it’s ready to display with your winter décor.
Wood craft birdhouse, acrylic paint, SnowTex, dried moss and berry floral picks, raffia, glitter glue