Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
1. Select some old, clean clothes that are too worn or old to be handed down to others.
2. Remove interesting trim, buttons and other embellishments for repurposing.
3. Sew random pieces of clothing together to create a large enough area of fabric to work with. Cut into a shape for the front of your creature. Work with the space you have, to determine shape and size - they will all be different and completely unique! Embrace seams or even consider using the wrong sides of fabrics as the right side.
4. Pin and sew other fabrics for a variety of textures and pattern.
5. To make ears for your creature, cut two circles of different fabrics and sew together with right sides facing around the edge. Leave a small hole in the sewing, through which you can turn the ear to the right side. Press with an iron.
6. Add arms or legs using contrasting fabrics. You can stuff them slightly with off cuts of material you have accumulated. Position your ears and arms/legs on the front of your creature shape.
7. Add the trim or other embellishments saved from the clothing to the creature and sew in place.
8. Add a face by cutting a shape in fabric and adding button eyes. Sew the mouth on a sewing machine or hand stitch. Pin all the appendages such as ears and limbs to the right side of the creature, keeping them inside as you prepare to sew on the back of the creature.
9. Pin the front of the creature to a large piece of old clothing, with right sides together. Sew all the way around the creature, leaving a hole in the sewing through which you’ll turn the creature to the right side. Be sure to catch the ears and limbs in the layers of sewing, so that they are securely attached. Turn the creature to the right side through the hole, stuff thoroughly with all your remaining scraps of fabric and sew the turning hole closed.
Old clothes and accessories suitable for repurposing
Needle and thread