Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
1. Turn the stretched/framed canvas over to the backside and generously paint the entire canvas with Crackle Paint. Allow the crackle paint to dry some but before the paint is fully dry, lightly paint areas of the canvas with acrylic paint. Be random and free with where you place the acrylic paint.
2. Cut out your printed image . . . in my case I chose birds for Spring. Adhere on canvas. I used pop dots to give the image a little extra dimension.
3. Punch edges of desired patterned paper and cut strips from the punched areas. Rip the ends . . . it doesn’t need to be perfect. Adhere the little strips and pieces randomly to your canvas both on the ‘inside’ and ‘outside’/wooden portion of the frame. This includes punching a strip of the ‘Leave it to Weaver’ border punch and weave a bit of ribbon through part of the punched element.
I use the little pieces that also are discarded in the punch. Use those as well to scatter on your canvas.
4. Print or in my case, cut out a title for your canvas. My title I took from patterned paper.
5. Using your compact Fiskars stamp press and Fiskars stamps . . . I stamped a border frame on a small portion of my canvas. The image didn’t come out really clear but I just wanted a portion of it and to add some color to the frame.
6. With the Spring Flora squeeze punch, punch out three flowers from patterned paper. I used both patterned paper and crepe paper . . . yes, crepe paper! Love it! Stack three of them together and slightly crinkle the flowers. Glue a top each other and add embellishments as you desire.
7. Another flower you can create with the Spring Flora squeeze punch . . . I might call ‘frilly’. You simply punch two flowers from patterned paper and three flowers from a newspaper type of print or paper. Stack and place a brad in the center to adhere them all together. Cut small snips in the newspaper print flowers and separate to give it some height.
8. Using tinted tape, I layered a couple of areas with small pieces of the ‘tinted tape’ for a little extra dimension and it also adds gloss.
9. Punch musical notes and adhere.
10. Add bits of burlap by cutting with Fiskars fabric scissors.
11. Water down some acrylic paint or decorative sprays and lightly paint over the birds or your image to give the image more detail.
12. Add embellishments as desired; ribbon (I placed different ribbons almost like a curtain on the canvas); buttons, plastic flowers, glitter, etc.
13. Spritz with spray.
14. Brighten up your living space with a new creation or give the canvas to a friend as a gift. Enjoy!
Cheryl is one of the lead Fiskateers, #002, and enjoys teaching, scrapbooking, altered arts, fine art, and drawing. Cheryl enjoys ‘thinking outside the box’ with her projects and her style of scrapbooking leans more towards Shabby Chic, although she enjoys all styles of scrapping.
Printed Image of your choice (I chose birds for Spring)
Spritz / Spray
Misc. desired embellishments