1) How long have you been crafting?
I’ve been crafting for about 12 years.
2) Why did you start crafting?
I started scrapbooking in 1998. As the industry has grown, so has the creativity with the products that were made available to scrapbookers. Being on design teams for some of these companies required that I create projects that were not scrapbook pages and I discovered I really liked crafting.
3) How long have you been on the Fiskars® Design Team?
Since September of 2008.
4) What are your favorite craft activities?
I love to work with fabric, so sewing is my favorite. Fortunately, you can use paper and thread on just about anything so no matter what I'm working on, I’m likely to incorporate some sewing.
5) How do you define your crafting style/aesthetic?
My style has been described as shabby, rustic and homey. I think they all fit!
6) What is your favorite time of day to craft?
I craft all throughout the day, whenever I have little blocks of time. I’m not the most organized person in the world (not even close) so setting a time of day to craft doesn’t work well for me.
7) What motivates/inspires you?
There is so much shared inspiration out there. I love what the internet has done for crafters. I read a lot of blogs and always have a stack of books nearby.
8) If you could only have one Fiskars® tool, what would it be and why?
I think I'd want to have a Fiskars® Desktop Rotary Trimmer because it cuts both fabric and paper.