1. How long have you been crafting?
It feels like I have been crafting all my life. I cannot think of a time when I havent had a craft project going on. Most of the times though, I have several projects going on simultaneously.
Officially, I started scrapbooking and then cardmaking, after the birth of my baby girl in 2009.
2. Why did you start crafting?
I started scrapbooking because becoming a mother was such a precious experience, I wanted to treasure each and every moment. I love that these pages will one day become my little girl' history.
3. How long have you been on the Fiskars design team?
Since June 2011
4. What are your favorite craft activities?
I love paper, and any paper craft interests me.Right now I am addicted to scrapbooking. I love sewing as well, but find myself sewing paper more than fabric these days...
5. How do you define your crafting style/aesthetic?
I like things to be colorful. I like using bold earth tones. I like things to be simple and clean. I love adding details though, or a handwritten touch, anything to make my project personal.
6. What is your favorite time of day to craft?
I craft into the middle of the night. Though now that my craft room has two enormous windows and lots of sunshine, I love crafting during the day as well, but that totally depends on if the baby naps or not :)
7. What motivates/inspires you?
Inspiration seems to be everywhere; magazines, websites, blogs, textiles, nature. I am always jotting down thoughts and doodling ideas for a new project.
8. If you could only have one Fiskars® tool, what would it be and why?
I love all the Fiskars® Scissors- they are so precise and easy to use. I love their border punches as well! Choosing one is just too tough.
Visit Smitha’s Blog: