Nothing adds a special touch to a wedding like a handmade item. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
1) How long have you been crafting?
Since 2000. I started with the intention of making birth announcements and thank you notes while I was pregnant with my oldest son.
2) Why did you start crafting?
My mom started scrapbooking, and I’d often flip through her magazines when I was at her house. Before I knew it, I was hooked!
3) How long have you been on the Fiskars® Design Team?
From July of 2007 through December 2010.
4) What are your favorite craft activities?
Scrapbooking and sewing mostly, but also some quilting and other small projects — I’m learning with each new project I take on!
5) How do you define your crafting style/aesthetic?
I like to keep a fairly classic undertone to all of my work, but mix in bits of new trends and techniques.
6) What is your favorite time of day to craft?
Anytime the house is quiet — usually during naptime and after my kids are in bed.
7) What motivates/inspires you?
I’m motivated by knowing that I’m capturing my family’s story, and by seeing how much people love it when I give them a handmade gift. I’m inspired by almost everything, but I find that home décor and craft blogs always get me in the mood to make something.
8) If you could only have one Fiskars® tool, what would it be and why?
Just ONE?? That’s a hard choice to make! I'll go with my 5" Micro-Tip® Scissors. They may not be the flashiest or the trendiest, but I reach for them over and over again, whether I’m scrapbooking or sewing. They’re a total workhorse!