Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Except when we kids switched the cards around, which I admit happened often, too. My mother made the paper place cards with traditional Puritan hats. They weren’t fancy, but they were an integral part of the table decorations each year. When she passed away, the simple table cards remained in the dining room hutch for a long time, because no one could bear to throw them out.
This year, I decided to rekindle that family tradition and make my own Thanksgiving place cards, as well as a special menu card for the big occasion. Now, I am by no means a professional crafter, but I wanted to test my hand at crafting, use a few Fiskars products, and create these mom-inspired decorations for our holiday table.
Instructions for Menu:
1) First, I wrote the menu and printed it on a plain sheet of 8 ½ x 11 paper so I could determine the right layout. I wanted to leave room for a tree at the top. When I got the type spaced the way I wanted, I printed the menu on a cream colored sheet of paper.
2) I used the Rope Border Punch to create a decorative border on the menu, before attaching it to a brown 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper. This was glued carefully to the colorful oversized decorative paper.
3) On the menu itself, I used the Tree Level Punch (X Large) to punch a tree in matching brown paper, which I pasted to the top of the page in the center.
4) Then I sprinkled leaves in different colors down the page, which I created with the Fiskars Lever Punch 3-Pack.
Voila! The menu was done. Next to the place cards...
1) Using the SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer, I cut a border for the names in the same cream paper as the menu, so these colored pieces were approximately ½ inch wide. The paper trimmer made it easy to get clean, sharp edges, even for a beginner like me.
2) I used the trimmer to cut a border about 1 ½ inch wide to surround the names, using the same decorative paper used for the menu.
3) These pieces were glued to a brown sheet of paper, sized 3.5x5 inches, which was folded in half.
4) The final touch was an autumn leaf created from the same Fiskars Lever Punch 3-Pack leaf used for the menu. I wasn’t sure at first where to put the leaf. But as I was deciding, the leaf fluttered from my hand and landed softly directly above the name. Whether it was divine intervention or old-fashioned luck, I decided to leave the leaf where it was in the design.
Here are the final results – simple but decorative and they match the china. Not only have I recreated a family tradition, but these items will make our Thanksgiving meal feel special this year – and everyone will feel included for the big event.
Somehow, I think my mom would approve.
Different colored sheets in autumn colors like cream and brown, ranging in size from 8 ½ x 11 sheets to oversized 12x12 sheets with a leaf motif.