Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Don't miss your chance to win a complete prize pack valued at nearly $200!
Community gardens aren’t just allotments — they’re urban farms, great places to share gardening skills and crops.
Keep all of your tools performing at their best.
Regardless of their gardening skill levels, these thoughtful gifts are timeless treasures that will be appreciated during the next growing season and beyond.
1) Green Thumb Gift Boxes: Well-made garden tools – such as the Fiskars Big Grip Transplanter, Softgrip® Garden Multi-Snip and Power Curve™ Bypass Pruner – are always appreciated by gardeners. Box up gardening tools with a pair of Fiskars Ultra Light Kneelers to protect the knees with comfortable and lightweight pads that stand up to rough surfaces and moisture.
2) Great Garden Plants: It’s always nice to receive a living gift during the cold winter holidays. Consider favorites like amaryllis, spider plants or poinsettias in Fiskars Eco-Friendly Round Planters, which come in contemporary colors like purple, orange and moss green. The earth-friendly containers are biodegradable and made from renewable materials.
3) Fantastic Flower Arrangements: A gorgeous vase – packaged with flower preservative crystals and a pair of Fiskars® Floral Take-Apart Shears – is a thoughtful gift for your flower-loving friends to enjoy all year long. For extra wow -power, fill the vase with your favorite flowers.
4) Garden Accessories: From bird feeders to melodic wind chimes, there are plenty of attractive garden accessories available to delight all types of design tastes. Solar lanterns, colorful garden hoses or ornate trellises are just some of the outdoor accessories to consider.
5) Handy Help for Gardeners: It’s no secret that gardeners’ hands really take a beating during the growing season. That’s why a handy gift for your favorite gardener is a gift basket with soothing hand crème, a pair of garden gloves and a gift certificate for a free manicure.
6) Seed Lovers Stocking Stuffers: From blue corn and micro greens to edible flowers, heirloom seeds make a great stocking stuffer for gardeners. For beginners, select seeds like salad greens, beans and squashes that grow well when sowed directly in the garden. Along with gift certificates to seed companies, consider giving a membership to the Seed Savers Exchange. The nation’s largest non-governmental seed bank is keeping our food heritage alive by protecting heirloom edibles of all types.
7) Gardeners Gift Bag: Whether it’s cleaning up autumn leaves, toting garden debris or storing laundry from the clothes line, a practical garden bag – like the Fiskars® HardShell Kangaroo Gardening Container – is an ideal gift for those with an active outdoors life. The container folds up to only 3.5 inches, which takes up less room under the Christmas tree and in the garden shed – and then springs open when the lucky recipient needs to use it. Both tear- and mildew-resistant, this gardening container has a lifetime warranty, so expect it to lend a hand for many growing seasons to come. Ours was a big help during fall clean up this year.
8) A “Reel” Great Gift: Do you know someone who has been very, very good this year? Surprise them with a Fiskars® StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower. This best-in-class reel mower is 60 percent easier to push than other reel mowers, and even won over my skeptical husband with its clever design. The adjustable blade means this powerful mower handles a variety of different turf settings well. Best of all, you can say goodbye to gasoline, motor oil and annoying cords with this eco-friendly mower– while still getting the lawn appearance you want.
9) Don’t Forget the Kids: Whether it is nature books, children’s sized garden tools or a butterfly habitat kit, the holidays are a great time to excite kids about gardening and the outdoor world around them. Available in all price ranges, these gifts rekindle a child’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder. That’s a valuable gift for children, who spend too much time with video games and television. Don’t forget to involve youngsters in food gardening, where they are more likely to eat vegetables they grow themselves.
10) Give Your Time: Sometimes the best gifts don’t cost a thing. Consider making and giving gift certificates for a free fall weeding session, a free spring weekend to divide perennials, or a free summer afternoon spent planting tomatoes. Your time is precious, so this gift is especially priceless. Here is a link to print personal gift certificates.