Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
This holiday season, why not concoct homemade bath oil inspired by your Christmas tree? Pine, spruce and fir needles – which have not been sprayed or flocked – can be infused into oil for a pampering winter bath.
These conifers are aromatic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. In fact, the evergreens have long been recognized throughout Europe for their ability to soothe joint pain, arthritis and rheumatism, making them ideal for an invigorating and stimulating bath that soothes aching winter muscles.
Here’s how to make this DIY bath oil:
1) Clip fresh branches a couple inches long, with a pruner such as the Fiskars UltraBlade® PowerGear® Bypass Pruner. Make sure branches have not been sprayed with fire retardant or other chemicals. Wash and dry branches carefully. My White Fir (Abies Concolor) branches were given to me by the garden writer Mary Ann Newcomer.
2) Fill a well-cleaned, glass Mason jar about three-quarters full with branches.
3) Pour grape seed oil over the needles until the bottle is nearly full. Found at health food stores, grape seed oil is easily absorbed into the skin, and has anti-aging, antimicrobial and anti-allergic properties. Plus, the oil has a slight greenish tint, which complements the needles well.
4) Close jar tightly. Place the Mason jar in a sunny window. Shake well daily.
5) Allow needles to infuse into oil for at least two weeks. I often let mine infuse more than a month.
6) Strain needles through a fine mesh strainer into a glass measuring cup or bowl. Press gently against the needles to release more into the oil.
7) Add approximately a quarter teaspoon of pine, fir or juniper essential oil into bath oil and mix well.
8) In a hurry? Skip this slow infusion process (steps 1-4) and very gently heat a half-cup of clean needles in 2 ½ cups of oil in a covered pan for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. Don’t allow oil to boil. Let oil come to room temperature. Follow steps 6 and 7 to strain needles and add essential oils.
9) Pour bath oil into a clean, dry bottle and close tightly.
10) Using my Fiskars® Tag Lever Punch (XXL), I made gift cards with dark green and light green paper glued together. A white snowflake was made with my Fiskars® Snowflake Lever Punch (M) and adhered with paper glue to the darker-green side. On the lighter-green side, I wrote a note about the bath oil. To finish, I punched a hole at the top and strung gold metallic cord around the bottle neck. Carefully burning the cord ends for a second will help prevent unraveling.
11) Store the Christmas tree-inspired oil in a cool, dry location. Add a heaping teaspoon of oil to a hot bath, with a cup of Epsom salt. Light some candles. Turn on your favorite music, and relax.
Clean, unsprayed, unflocked pine, spruce or fir branches
Grape seed oil
Glass Mason jar
Glass bottles and tops
Dark green and light green paper
Gold metallic cord