How to Make a Mixed Media Father’s Day Card
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
- Ideal for creating unique stamped crafts that tell a story of a special moment or capture a sentiment in a way only Teresa Collins’ designs can
- Innovative clear design lets you see where you’re stamping for perfectly placed embellishments without any wasted crafting materials
- Can be arranged and rearranged on stamp blocks in virtually limitless creative combinations
- Lasting stickiness means you can apply them and remove them from stamp blocks again and again
- Durable stamps provide crisply stamped images every time and won’t yellow with age
- Stamps lay flat on their storage sheet to help save space
- For best results, use with our Stamp Block Set or Easy Stamp Press
- Teresa Collins Words Clear Stamps (4" x 8")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Out of Stock
Choose designs by craft celebrity Teresa Collins to capture the moments that matter in life.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Paints and Foam Brushes
Self Adhesive Cork Sheets
Faber Castell Artist Pen
1. Print the word dad in a large, symmetrical font on a sheet of cardstock. These letters are approximately 2.5” high and 2” wide.
2. Turn the printed sheet of cardstock over and start painting on the reverse side. Allow one color to dry before adding more, building up fun layers as you progress.
3. Add texture by spreading gesso onto your layers of paint.
4. Once the surface is dry, add stamped words in a contrasting color. Allow the ink to fully dry.
5. Cut out each letter from the cardstock, using the printed letters as a guide. Adhere each letter to a piece of self adhesive cork sheet, painted side up.
6. Cut out each letter from the cork using your 6” Amplify® Mixed Media Shears
7. With a metallic marker, add detail to the stamped words.
8. Mount the letters on the front of a blank card.