This is a fun, creative idea to announce a new home using something that all of us use every day - Google! Celebrate your new space with friends and family with DIY cards customized with a map of your new home.
Craft the Perfect Moving Announcements with these Simple and Creative Cards
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4") makes card cutting easier than ever
- SureCut™ wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
- Patented TripleTrack™ System interlocks blade and rail for cuts that are straight and steady, never curved or wobbly
- Self-leveling swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to over 15" to cut extra-large crafting materials with precision
- Permanent scale and grid cutting mat is printed from underneath to last
- 1/16" gridlines provide an additional guide for precise measuring
- Expanded cut rail with integrated smudge guard holds paper or photos in place without fingerprints
- High-profile blade carriage is easier to grip than other trimmers
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Cuts multiple sheets of paper at once
- Works with either high profile or low profile TripleTrack™ blades, style I
- 12" cut length
- Lifetime warranty
- SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Cutter (12")
- Ideal for quickly creating tags for gifts and other crafts, eliminating mistakes that waste materials and cause reworks
- Insert paper into the large slot and depress the lever for two cleanly punched-out, unique tag shapes
- Insert the punched-out tags into the small slot and depress the lever for perfectly centered tag holes
- Place an eyelet in the tag hole, slip the tag hole over the peg on the back of punch and depress the handle to set the eyelet with no noisy hammering
- Includes 20, 3/16" eyelets (also accommodates 5/32" eyelets)
- Tag size: 1.3" x 1.8"
- Punches heavier materials than standard punches, up to 80-lb. cardstock
- Lifetime warranty
- Standard and Scallop Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter (1.3" x 1.8")
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Large-deck trimmer provides cutting precision for the full spectrum of craft projects.
Our exclusive design punches two distinct tags at once, punches a centered tag hole and even sets the eyelet without any noisy hammering.
1. Google your new address and click on the “map view”. Then take a screenshot of the map. Resize and print the map to fit the greeting card size that you’d like to mail. Then trim down to size using the SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer. I used a standard #10 sized envelope, so my cards were 4" x 9.25".
2. Print or hand write a greeting and your new address onto a secondary card of colored cardstock and trim down to fit your choice of greeting card size.
3. Print or hand write the words “We’ve Moved!” onto cardstock. Use The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ to trim the printed phrases into strips to fit in the Tag Maker punch. Then punch the sentiments out using the Standard/Scallop Double Tag Maker design. The awesome thing about this tool is that it contains everything you need to make a tag, including the hole punch and eyelet setter!
4. Slip each tag into the slot on the front of the punch and press the lever to create the perfect hole.
5. Add an eyelet to the hole and use the eyelet setter underneath the lever to set the eyelet. This is the best part of the punch!
6. Adhere the printed map onto the colored cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
7. To finish the design, use twine or ribbon to tie your “We’ve Moved!” tag onto the card.
Then send these off to your friends and family, who are sure to be impressed by your creative talent!