Add a vintage flare to your wedding invitations, while making guests feel special with these handmade and timeless lace embellished cards.
Easy DIY Wedding Invitations
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4") makes card cutting easier than ever
- SureCut™ wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
- Patented TripleTrack™ System interlocks blade and rail for cuts that are straight and steady, never curved or wobbly
- Self-leveling swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to over 15" to cut extra-large crafting materials with precision
- Permanent scale and grid cutting mat is printed from underneath to last
- 1/16" gridlines provide an additional guide for precise measuring
- Expanded cut rail with integrated smudge guard holds paper or photos in place without fingerprints
- High-profile blade carriage is easier to grip than other trimmers
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Cuts multiple sheets of paper at once
- Works with either high profile or low profile TripleTrack™ blades, style I
- 12" cut length
- Lifetime warranty
- SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Cutter (12")
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
- 18" x 24" mat is ideal for cutting full widths of fabric from the bolt
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Medium (24" x 36")
Large-deck trimmer provides cutting precision for the full spectrum of craft projects.
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
Long-lasting mat is ideal for cutting full widths of fabric.
1. Use the Sure Cut Deluxe Paper Trimmer, trim an 8.5 by 11 inch cardstock in half lengthwise to make two A2 sized cards. The wire in the trimmer makes it very easy to see where you are cutting and the trimmers bold measurement grid makes it easy to trim down the cardstock.
2. Switch the blades in the Sure Cut Deluxe Paper Trimmer from orange to black. The black one is the scoring blade and has a much smaller, shorter blade.
3. Place the card and align onto the grids seen atop the trimmer. Lightly score the centerfold line.
4. Fold along the straight crease to make the card.
5. Next, lightly spray adhesive onto the card front area and adhere vintage lace onto it. Let the lace dry for a few minutes and then trim off the excess using a sharp pair of scissors like the 8” Amplify Mixed Media Shears.
These cards are simple and quick to make and yet have a beautiful, timeless handmade feel. The best thing here is that the Sure Cut Paper Trimmer is so lightweight that this is craft project is easily portable.
Click here for more DIY Wedding inspiration