Use your surroundings to get your creativity going with these fall nature-inspired crafting ideas. Bring the colors of autumn into your home today.
Kid's Nature Inspired Crafting Project
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
- Ideal for punching unique embellishments from thick and tough craft materials like cardboard, balsa wood, foam, cardstock, chipboard, corkboard, foil, printed cotton paper, canvas, photos and more
- Punches recycled materials found around the home, like aluminum cans, milk jugs, cereal boxes, newspapers, magazines, postcards, junk mail and more
- Punches multiple layers of light craft paper to reduce repeat punches on big projects or when layering for dimension
- Portable design makes it more convenient than large die-cutting machines when crafting on the go
- Locks down when not in use for space-saving storage
- Softgrip® punch button makes repetitive punching more comfortable
- Size: 1"
- Lifetime warranty
- Circle Thick Materials Punch (Small, 1")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
Now you can create with thick and tough materials like aluminum cans, cardboard, balsa wood, milk jugs, foam and more thanks to our exclusive new punch design.
You know fall is right around the corner when the weather starts cooling down. Embrace the change of season with this colorful, dimensional fall-inspired project. This project only requires a couple of tools because the Thick Materials Punches and the Amplify® Scissors can master more than just cardstock. Plus, your kids can help out with the project and be proud of their new artwork on display around the house.
1. Punch circles out of a cork sheet using the circle Thick Materials Shape Punch. With this new punch collection, you can incorporate thick and tough materials like cork more easily into your projects.
2. To make leaf shapes, insert the punched circle back into the punch halfway and punch again. This will create a leaf shape.
3. Repeat these first two steps with the foam sheet: first punching the circles out and then punching the circles to make leaf shapes.
4. Using the Amplify® shears, cut leaf shapes from felt. You can use the previously made leaves as a guide if you want to. These shears are very sharp, so an adult should do this step.
5. Draw a tree outline on a paper plate, canvas sheet or simply scrapbook paper. Let your kids get involved by coloring in the tree.
6. Adhere the different textured leaves onto the tree.
This project is an easy go-to concept that can change with the season. So, grab your scissors and punches and create a picture for all seasons!