If you’re not ready to fully embrace the trend for bold 70’s prints in your clothing, why not reflect it with a gloriously loud shopping tote.
DIY: Tutorial on How To Make a 70's Style Tote Bag - Easy Sewing!
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears (8")
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip® blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 4.9"
- Lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Choose Micro-Tip® blades for unmatched cutting precision.
Home Dec weight fabric - 1 yard
Cotton webbing for handles - 1 yard
Pins, thread, sewing machine
Lamifix by Pellon
Iron and ironing board
1. Fold your fabric in half with right sides together. Use the acrylic ruler and a marker to measure and outline a rectangle measuring 18” x 20 ½”.
2. Cut out the marked rectangle. The Amplify shears make it easy to cut through both layers at the same time.
3. Apply the Lamifix to both fabric pieces, following the manufacturer’s directions.
4. Pin the two pieces of fabric together with right sides facing each other. Pin inside the seam allowance to prevent putting unnecessary holes in the laminated surface of the fabric.
5. Sew the fabric pieces together down the two sides and across the bottom, with a ½” seam allowance. Be sure to leave the top edge open.
5. Using the stitched lines as your guide, mark a 3” square in both bottom corners with a pen and the acrylic ruler.
6. Use the Amplify® Serrated Shears to cut out each square.
7. Pull the fabric apart at the newly cut corners, and press the cut edges together making sure to align the side seam with the bottom seam. When sewn together, this will give your bag a flat bottom.
8. Pin and then sew together using a 1/2" seam allowance. Repeat on the other side of the bag.
9. Turn the bag right sideout, and fold over the top edge by ½” twice to hide the raw edge. Pin the fold in place, then sew around the perimeter of the top of the bag, covering the pin holes with your stitches.
9. Cut your yard of cotton webbing in half and sew each piece to either side of the top edge of the bag to create the handles.