Sunscreen. Hat. Towel. Sunglasses. Water. And don't forget your new favorite book. Make a splash at the beach or pool with a colorful, roomy canvas bag - just the thing you need to carry all your necessities in - for a fun day in the sun!
DIY Beach Tote Tutorial
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for measuring and making precise, clean cuts through fabric when strip cutting, cutting long swaths, cutting basic shapes like triangles and more
- Ergonomic handle and a 45 mm rotary blade make smooth, confident cuts through multiple layers of fabric easy
- Spring-activated blade only engages when in use
- Built-in ruler features a 6" x 24" measuring grid with highlighted numbers that are easy to see on light or dark fabric
- Grid is clearly printed on both sides for easy right- and left-handed use
- Bias lines make it easy to measure angles before cutting
- Rail design prevents lint build up
- Traction strip provides excellent stability while cutting
- Magnetic system provides easy, safe, no-touch blade change (extra blades and magnetic blade change tool sold separately, see item 195120-1001)
- Built-in handle offers convenient transportation
- Lifetime warranty
- Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (6" x 24")
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
Specifically designed to cut multiple layers, a rotary cutter with a 6" x 24" ruler attached makes measuring and making perfect cuts through fabric easier than ever.
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
1/2 yard Canvas or other heavy weight fabric
1/2 yard Lightweight fabric for lining
Pellon Craft Fuse
72" Cotton Webbing
Step 1: Cut your outer fabric. Cut two pieces of your chosen outer fabric each measuring 19" x 21" using the Fiskars Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (6" x 28").
Step 2: Cut your lining fabric. Cut two pieces of your lining fabric each measuring 19" x 21" using the same rotary cutter.
Step 3: Adhere fabrics. Following manufacturer's instructions, adhere fusible Craft Fuse to the back of the outer fabric.
Step 4: Sew seams. Next, sew your side seams and the bottom seam of the two outer fabrics together, with the right sides facing in towards each other.
Step 5: Leave a hole. Then, sew your side seams and the bottom seam of the two lining fabrics together, with the right sides facing in towards each other. Leave a 6" hole unsewn in the bottom seam for turning out the fabric later.
Step 6: Mark a square. Mark a 3" square in each bottom corner of the sewn outer fabric, using the stitching as your right angle guide.
Step 7: Cut away marked squares. Using the Fiskars Micro-Tip Fashion Scissors (No. 5) for precision and quick, crisp cuts, cut out the corners following your marked lines.
Step 8: Create the gusset. Open up the corners of the fabric and re-pin together to create the gusset bottom on both sides of the bag.
Step 9: Repeat steps 6-8 for the lining fabric.
Step 10: Match the seams. Place the outer bag inside the lining with the right side of the outer fabric facing the right side of the lining. Match the side seams and pin around the perimeter of the top edge. Sew the bag's outer fabric to the lining around the top edge.
Step 11: Turn the bag inside out. Turn the bag right side out through the opening you left in the lining fabric.
Step 12: Stitch the hole. Hand stitch or machine stitch the hole in the lining closed.
Step 13: Add a top stitch. Press the top, opening edge of the bag with an iron and top stitch through all layers of fabric.
Step 14: Add handles. Cut two lengths of cotton webbing measuring 38" and sew to each side of the bag for handles. Take to the beach and enjoy!