Trendy cord bracelets with beads and charms can be found in almost every teen fashion store as a favorite accessory.
Stamped Teen Bracelets
By Patti Milazzo
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip® blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 4.9"
- Lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
- Ideal for drilling holes in wood, plastic, paper, sheet metal, acrylic, mixed media and more for craft projects
- Easy-to-turn hand crank offers battery- and cord-free use
- Enclosed gears ensure smooth operation and consistent drilling pressure
- Contoured body provides a comfortable grip
- Accommodates standard drill bits
- Includes four standard drill bits: 1/8", 3/16", 5/32" and 3/32"
- Lifetime warranty
- Hand Drill
- Ideal for stamping craft projects like scrapbook pages, cards, invitations, collages and more with a variety of stamp sizes
- Clear design lets you see where you’re stamping
- Grid lines provide easy alignment
- Includes convenient carrying case, perfect for the crafter on the go
- Works with a wide variety of clear stamps
- Sizes: 1" x 1", 2" x 2", 3" x 3", 2" x 6"
- Excess ink washes off the blocks easily with stamp cleaner or a solution of mild soap and water
- Lifetime warranty
- Stamp Block Set
- Ideal for adding distinctive stamped embellishments to handmade cards, scrapbook pages or other paper craft projects
- Innovative clear design lets you see where you’re stamping for perfectly placed embellishments without any wasted crafting materials
- Can be arranged and rearranged on stamp blocks in virtually limitless creative combinations
- Lasting stickiness means you can apply them and remove them from stamp blocks again and again
- Durable stamps provide crisply stamped images every time and won’t yellow with age
- Stamps lay flat on their storage sheet to help save space
- For best results, use with our Stamp Block Set or Easy Stamp Press
- Butterfly Magic Clear Stamps (4"x8")
Choose Micro-Tip® blades for unmatched cutting precision.
The perfect craft tool for making books, jewelry or altered art, this set includes four standard drill bit sizes.
Four different sizes of traditional stamp blocks offer excellent stamping versatility.
Capture any sentiment with Clear Stamps that make adding mistake-free embellishments easy.
1 inch and 3/4 inch wood craft disks
Staz-On Black Ink
Sealer (crackle medium or high gloss)
Hemp cord (20lb in natural and black)
Collecting them can be pricey and if your teen is looking for a summer project, these bracelets can easily be created using Fiskars Stamps and a Hand Drill.
1. Start by taping down the wood disks to a work surface, like the Fiskars Craft Mat, with clear packing tape. The tape will hold the disks in place and prevent them from spinning as you drill.
2. Use the Fiskars Hand Drill to then create holes in the wood disks – the number of holes depends on if the disk will be used as a charm or other accent for the bracelet. I used a 3/32 inch drill bit for these bracelets.
Tip: I have to say that I prefer the Hand Drill over a standard power drill because the wood disks can crack and the Hand Drill is a little easier on the thin wood. Also, this Hand Drill does not require you to put much pressure as you drill. Let the drill bit do the work as you hold the drill steady and turn the handle. When the hole is complete, turn the handle in the opposite direction to back remove it. Brush them off and lightly sand.
3. Next, use Stamp Blocks to stamp the designs with black ink onto the disks. I used designs from both the Simple Stick Repositionable Rubber Stamps and from the Clear Stamps collections. The tiny images from the Butterfly Magic set were perfect for the small 3/4 inch charms. The floral pattern from the Shapes ‘n Such set created a detailed pattern for the 1 inch disk for the other bracelet design.
Tip: If you wish to add color to the disks apply colored markers, ink or even a watered down acrylic wash at this time and let dry.
4. When the stamped designs are dry, apply a sealer. I used a crackle medium for the small charms and a high gloss medium for the large disk. Let dry thoroughly.
5. Add jump rings to each of the small charms.
6. Then to string the charm bracelet, cut 3 – 12 inch lengths of natural hemp. Add 2 large beads (clear) to all 3 cords and push them to the far left. Then to one cord, add a small bead, the charm and another small bead. Then add a large bead to all three cords – this will trap the small beads and charm between the larger beads. To another single cord, add a small bead, the charm and another small bead. Again add a large bead to all three cords. To the final cord, repeat the small beads and charm. Add 2 large beads to all 3 cords at the far right. Tie off each end with a knot and the bracelet is complete.
7. For the black cord bracelet, cut 2 – 12 inch pieces of black hemp/cord. Fold each in half and feed the loop through the hole from the bottom of the disk, then put the 2 ends through the loop and pull to secure.
8. Add 2 beads to one cord; next add a silver bead to both cords; then add 2 beads to the other cord; and finally another silver bead to both. Tie off with a knot after the silver bead. Repeat this for the other side of the bracelet. Finally, tie both ends with a knot to complete the bracelet.