Have you admired hand-sewn specialty shirts, but not the price tag? Here is an easy and cost effective way to make your own customized t-shirts for Valentine’s Day. Children and adults alike will enjoy a shirt made with love.
Kids' Valentines Shirts
By Mindy Miller
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, leather and multiple layers of fabric
- Blades ground to a razor edge cut through heavy material with less effort
- Hardened, stainless-steel blades provide lasting durability
- Softgrip® handle reduces hand fatigue for comfortable extended use
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- RazorEdge™ Softgrip® Scissors (8")
- Use cleanly punched-out designs as embellishments on homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Unique design makes it up to 2X easier to punch shapes than other shape punches on the market
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- Nests with other punches for compact, convenient storage
- Printed shape provides easy identification to help you find the punch you’re looking for quickly
- Extra-large punch design fits inside a 2" circle
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- That’s Amore Squeeze Punch (Extra-Large)
Out of Stock
RazorEdge™ blades provide unmatched sharpness and a Softgrip® handle maximizes comfort.
Create distinctive style with a punch that’s easy to squeeze!
Embroidery floss and needle
Once the supplies are gathered, the first step is to create a pattern for the graphic or word you wish to feature on the shirt.
1. A heart pattern can easily be created with the That’s Amore Squeeze Punch. Simply punch a heart from copy paper and you will have a pattern that can be cut around.
2. Lettering can be generated via a word processing program and then printed on copy paper. Cut the letters out to create a pattern.
3. Attach your pattern to a piece of felt with pins and cut around the edge with the Fiskars Razor-Edge Softgrip Scissors. Use the Fiskars Fingertip Detail Knife to cut out the centers of letters and other small spaces.
4. Attach the felt shapes directly to a t-shirt with pins. Stitch each letter or shape in place with embroidery thread using a rough running stitch.
5. Tie the thread on the back side of the shirt with a double knot. Stitch each letter or shape individually.
This technique can be used to embellish everything from onesies to adult shirts.
6. These basic designs can be made from start to finish to in approximately 30 minutes and are easily detached from the shirt if you wish to repurpose it after the holiday.