Summer Tank Top Bags for Kids
By Lisa Storms
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Cutting Mat (24" x 36")
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, leather and multiple layers of fabric
- Blades ground to a razor edge cut through heavy material with less effort
- Hardened, stainless-steel blades provide lasting durability
- Softgrip® handle reduces hand fatigue for comfortable extended use
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- RazorEdge™ Softgrip® Scissors (8")
- Ideal for cutting out embellishments for cards, collages, scrapbook pages, decorations and other craft projects
- Great for creating custom stencil patterns, masks or windows on cards or scrapbook pages
- Available in a wide variety of styles for any occasion or sentiment
- Select styles include edges that can be used to cut decorative borders
- Transparent templates let you see where you are cutting so you don’t waste craft paper
- Grid pattern simplifies layout for mistake-free crafting
- For use with our Ultra ShapeXpress™ Shape Cutter
- Shape Templates store flat to save space
- Hard plastic templates will not yellow or curl with age
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Super Sized Circles Shape Template
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
RazorEdge™ blades provide unmatched sharpness and a Softgrip® handle maximizes comfort.
Look for this at your local retailer
Cut the perfect shape for your project!
disappearing ink fabric marker
Start with a tank top. It works best to choose one with a front and back with the same height. Don't forget about tank dresses, too.
If the tag can be removed without compromising the integrity of the garment, use the seam ripper included with the Sew Taxi to remove stitching and free tag.
Turn bag inside out and line up straps just like a shirt, or place them on top of each other with the side seam at the center as I have chosen to do with this bag. Using an acrylic ruler and rotary cutter, cut shirt to desired length of bag. Pin together and machine stitch along bottom. Turn back right side out using stuffing tool included with the Sew Taxi for crisp corners.
Your bag is now complete and ready to embellish if desired. For this sun bag, I added a ruffled sun design to the front of the bag before stitching together. It's important to do any sewn embellishing beforehand. I had an old yellow t-shirt that I decided could be repurposed to create a fun sun shape. Using an acrylic ruler, cutting mat, and rotary cutter, I cut five strips approximately 8 inch x 1 inch each.
Run each strip through the sewing machine with a basic running stitch using NO backstitching. Pull one thread to ruffle each strip. Draw a half circle onto yellow shirt using disappearing ink and a Circle Template. Cut out and pin to front of bag along with ruffles. Machine-stitch all elements and complete bag as described above.
Here is a bag sewn just like a tank top.
And a couple more simple bags . . . these are addictive!