Clay gift tags are just plain fun to make! They add a homemade touch giving wrapped packages some personality.
Clay Gift Tags
By Lisa Storms
Here’s how to make some of your own.
1. Condition oven-bake clay per instructions.
2. Roll out clay on protected surface with acrylic roller.
3. Place desired texture tool onto rolled clay (first sprinkle with water to avoid sticking) and press or roll evenly. Be sure to clean any clay from tools right away. This project can also be done using stamps.
4. Cut out tag using a cookie cutter (dedicated to clay) or trace a shape template using a toothpick.
5. Bake tags according to package directions.
6. Once cooled, drill a hole into each tag using a craft drill on a protected surface. You can alternatively add a hole prior to baking using a straw or toothpick. Sand any areas needed.
7. You can leave tag as is, or you can add paint to make the texture stand out even more. Here I added some white acrylic paint into the grooves and removed excess paint from ridges with a paper towel.8. To make a candy cane, roll a small section of white clay into a “log” and form into a candy cane shape as shown.
9. Place the ‘Lines’ texture plate diagonally onto clay and press lightly. Remove and bake according to package directions.