DIY Decorative Storage Boxes
By Lolly Jane
- The Fiskars® ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a dual-rail system that eliminates blade wiggle for straight, precise cuts
- Rotary bypass blade stays sharp, so it never needs to be replaced
- Cuts thick DIY materials such as cork, magnet, chipboard and more
- Grid line measurements on the top and bottom of the smudge guard provide versatile use for both right- and left-handed users
- Full lifetime warranty
- ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer (12")
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
Plain storage boxes
1. Start with different paper boxes that can be found at a local craft store. It’s also a good idea to purchase some patterned paper as well. Measure the paper around the box and mark as needed, to ensure the cuts are being made in the correct place.
2. Cut the marked paper areas using the ProCision Rotary Bypass trimmer. This trimmer is ideal for cutting multiple layers of paper at once, leaving clean cuts and no frayed edges.
3. Measure the cut paper to the boxes and trim the excess paper with Amplify Mixed Media shears for a crisp finish.
4. Paint a thin coat of decoupage on the box and place the paper on top to adhere. To add extra dimension and color to each box, spray a light coat of gold metallic spray paint.
With this project, crafter of all skill levels can create a pretty and practical box perfect for organizing.