Halloween Placemats and Cupcake Toppers
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
- Ideal for all your paper trimming needs, even up to large scrapbook pages
- Golden finish adds a dazzling touch of sophistication to your tool collection
- Patented TripleTrack™ System interlocks the blade and rail for cuts that are straight and steady, never curved or wobbly
- Swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to 15-1/4" to cut extra-large paper accurately
- Aluminum cutting surface improves scale visibility for accurate measurements
- 1/16" gridlines provide an additional guide to ensure accuracy
- Reference guides make cutting common-sized photos easy and mistake free
- Cutting rail pivots open for easy project placement
- Rubberized feet and self-leveling base offer superior stability
- Includes free replacement blade
- Cuts multiple sheets of paper at once
- 12" cut capacity
- Lifetime warranty
- Teresa Collins Studio Gold Portable Trimmer (12")
- Fiskars® Extra Large Thick Materials Shape Punches cut cleanly through DIY materials like balsa wood, cardboard, foam and magnets
- Locks down when not in use for space-saving storage
- Softgrip® punch button makes repetitive punching more comfortable
- Size: 2 in.
- Full lifetime warranty
- Circle Thick Materials Punch (Large, 2")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
Out of Stock
Discover crafting’s gold standard with a premium trimmer that can cut even extra-large scrapbook pages with ease and precision.
Now you can create with thick and tough materials like aluminum cans, cardboard, balsa wood, milk jugs, foam and more thanks to our exclusive new punch design.
4 pieces of black felt (or however many you need for your particular set of placemats)
A large dinner plate
Pen or pencil
Heavy duty tape
1 or 2 sheets of polka dotted orange scrapbook paper
Toothpicks (not shown)
Creating this festive place setting is a cinch. With just a few supplies and simple steps, you will make decor so cute you will want to use it at every meal for the season!
Black Cat Placemats
1. Lay the felt on a flat surface, and place your dinner plate on top. Use your pen or pencil to trace around the edges of the plate onto the felt. If you are unable to see your pen or pencil marks on the dark material, try using chalk instead.
2. Use the Amplify Mixed Media Shears to cut out the circle. These shears are made to cut through thicker materials, so they cut through felt like butter!
3. Create a template for the ears by drawing a cat ear on a piece of cardboard and cutting it out with your shears.
4. Lay the template onto a piece of felt, trace around it with your pen or pencil, and finish by cutting the ear out. Remember, you need two ears for each placemat you create.
5. Use heavy duty tape to attach the ears to the circle. You may have to do a small amount of trimming to the curve at the bottom of each ear so that it sits flush against the edge of the cut circle.
Halloween Cupcake Toppers
1. Punch four circles with the Large Circle Thick Materials Punch. This punch is designed to slice through thicker materials or multiple sheets of cardstock at once, so you can punch all of your circles at the same time.
2. Next, place one of the circles on the trimmer so that the blade is near the center of the circle, and cut a small slit into the paper. Then, move your paper about a ¼” into the cutting area and make another slit that is parallel to the first. Repeat the steps across all four paper circles so that each one has two parallel slits cut into the paper.
3. To finish, slip a toothpick through the slits and place into a festive chocolate cupcake!
Whether it’s trying out a new DIY craft project or tackling a seasonal holiday idea that’s been on your list for ages, Fiskars has all the precision tools you’ll need to bring your vision to life.
Thanks to Dream Green DIY for this cute Halloween idea. See the original post here