This drink cozy is a super simple project for Father's Day that you and the kids can create together.
Dad’s Drink Cozy
By Patti Milazzo
- Ideal for cutting a zigzag pattern along a fabric edge to limit the length of frayed threads, preventing unraveling and keeping projects crisp and clean
- Extended lower blade helps lift fabric for precise cuts
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Larger handle loops fit hands of all sizes
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Pinking Shears (9")
- Ideal for a variety of sewing tasks
- Thread cutter is great for quick snips
- Magnifying glass makes it easy to see details
- Seam ripper takes out stitches quickly
- Piercing punch makes holes in a variety of material
- Punch needle is great for embroidery
- Stuffing tool makes it easy to add soft material to pillows and other projects
- Knit picker grabs snags
- Tweezers are ideal for a range of delicate work
- Safety pin fastens a wide range of materials
- Measuring tape is easy-to-read for accurate measurements
- Needle threader makes threading needles easy
- Long needle threader offers enhanced control
- Shatter-resistant cover keeps all tools conveniently organized, protected and portable
- Lifetime warranty
- Sew Taxi
Keep your projects from unraveling at the seams!
Look for this at your local retailer
Essential for the crafter on the go, our Sew Taxi includes 12 sewing tools in one conveniently compact case!
Discarded jeans (child size works best)
It will hold any soda can sized drink as well as water bottles. The denim cozy will help Dad’s beverage stay cool and it will look cool, too! I repurposed a pair of outgrown children’s jeans (happily donated by my son) to use as the fabric. It’s sure to be a hit this Father’s Day!
1. Use the measuring tape on the Sew Taxi to measure an 11 inch by 5 inch high piece of denim from jeans and cut. I cut across the front section of a discarded pair of my son’s jeans. The small size of the jeans made it possible to use the small pockets and zipper as part of the design.
2. Trim off any stray pieces of fabric and stitch the bottom of the pockets if theyíve been trimmed short.
3. Match up both side edges right sides together and machine stitch .25 inch from edge. This will create the cylinder.
4. Trace a 4.5 inch diameter circle using the Super Sized Circle Template onto another piece of the denim and cut out the circle.
5. With the cylinder inside out, pin the circle to the bottom and machine stitch .25 inch around the edge.
6. Turn the piece right side out and it’s ready to use. Tuck a few treats into the pockets for Dad to enjoy!