DIY Wine Gift Bag for Hanukkah
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers of fabric, paper, felt and vinyl
- Pivoting handle locks in three positions - classic stick for familiar feel and control, power position to increase force when cutting thick materials and ergonomic left or right to take pressure off your wrist and improve sightlines
- High-grade, precision-ground, premium steel 45 mm rotary blade stays sharper
- Ergonomically sculpted handle with Softgrip provides added comfort
- Sliding button extends blade guard when not in use
- Designed for both right- and left-handed use
- Full lifetime warranty (excludes blades)
- Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter (45 mm)
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- 12" x 18" mat is easy to transport, easy to store and perfect for anyone who has limited fabric-cutting space
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Small (12" x 18")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
A pivoting handle adjusts to three positions to increase comfort, improve sightlines and make cutting thick materials easier.
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Compact cutting mat is perfect when space is at a premium.
¼ yard brocade fabric for bag outer
¼ yard lining fabric
Sewing machine and thread
1. Use the Adjustable Three-position Rotary Cutter to trim two outer fabric pieces and two lining fabric pieces to 16” x 7”. Using the rotary cutter in the ergonomic position, where the handle is slightly off center, allows you to clearly see your cutting line.
2. Pin the outer pieces of the bag together with the right sides of the fabric facing each other. Sew along the two long edges and bottom short edge. Repeat with the lining fabric pieces, but leave a 4” hole unsewn in the bottom short edge.
3. Use the 8” Amplify® Fabric Shears to carefully trim away the seam allowance.
4. Turn the outer bag to the right side and leave the bag lining inside out. Insert the outer bag into the lining. The right side of the outer bag should be facing the right side of the bag lining. Pin around the perimeter of the top opening edge and sew.
5. Pull the outer bag out through the hole you left in the bottom edge of the lining.
6. Sew the hole in the bottom edge of the lining closed. Push the lining down inside the outer bag and push out the corners with your fingers.
7. Insert the wine bottle and tie closed with a length of ribbon.
Click here for more holiday inspiration.