Handmade holiday gift toppers can add a creative finished touch to your packages this season and dress up even the simplest wrapping paper.
Holiday Gift Toppers
By Patti Milazzo
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip® blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 4.9"
- Lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
- Ideal for adding a decorative edge to homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Specially sculpted steel blades cut crisp, clean designs
- Colorful handles offer easy identification
- Available in a wide range of styles to add just the right finishing touch
- Lifetime warranty
- Scallop Paper Edger
- Traditional design is ideal for punching simple shapes in craft projects for both functional and decorative purposes
- Cushioned grip provides comfortable use
- Confetti catcher holds all clippings
- Color-coded handle makes it easy to find the right punch in your collection
- For best results, use on 65-lb. cardstock and lower
- Lifetime warranty
- 1/8" Circle Hand Punch
- Interchangeable 28 mm blades with a variety of cutting options
- Heat treated hardened stainless steel blades for long-lasting, razor sharp cutting
- For cutting paper, fabric, thin plastic and metals, pictures, leather, light screen and more
- Reusable clam package for blade storage
- Rotary Scallop Blade (28 mm, Style F)
Choose Micro-Tip® blades for unmatched cutting precision.
Add a decorative edge to your next craft project the easy way.
A traditional design makes punching simple shapes quick and easy.
1. For the larger pinwheel, trace and cut 6 pinwheel pieces from double sided pattern paper. Use the Lever Circles Corner Punch on the right angle.
2. Curve each piece and apply adhesive to tabs and press together.
3. Use the .125 Circle Hand Punch to punch a hole in the center of the tabs.
4. Use a large brad to join the pieces together like a pinwheel.
5. For the smaller pinwheel, cut a 3.5 inch square from pattern paper and cut the diagonal of each corner within .5 inch of the center.
6. Trim one side of each cut line with Scallop Paper Edgers.
7. Fold down the straight edge half of each corner and adhere to the center of the pinwheel.
8. Punch a small circle and adhere to the center of the smaller pinwheel.
9. Adhere the smaller pinwheel to the center of the larger and the Pinwheel Bow is ready to be added to your gift.
1. Use the Rotary Trimmer with a Scallop Blade to cut 16 or more - .25 inch wide by 12 inch scalloped strips of double sided pattern paper.
2. Use the straight edge of a pair of scissors carefully or a flat edge ruler to curl the paper as you would a piece of ribbon.
3. Hand Punch a .125 inch hole at the end of each piece.
4. Attach all the curled strips together with a large brad.
5. Punch a small circle and adhere it to the center of the bow to cover the brad.
6. Arrange the curled streamers evenly and trim the top center pieces 1 - 2 inches to round it off and then attach it to your gift.
Christmas Berry Pick
1. Cut a 5 inch square from pattern paper and run it through the Paper Crimper diagonally.
2. Accordion fold along every other crimped line across the paper.
3. Fold in half and wrap a piece of floral wire around the center to create a kind of floral pick.
4. Wrap the bottom of the paper fold and the wire in floral tape.
5. Add an artificial berry sprig and also wrap in floral tape.
6. Glue a piece of cinnamon stick to the center.
7. Tie a 6 inch piece of red ribbon around the pick and attach to your gift with adhesive.
Click here for more inspiration on creating Christmas decor, ornaments and gifts.