Need a last minute gift? These cookie mix jars are easy to make ahead of time and then store in a pantry or closet, ready to grab when you’re in a pinch.
DIY Hostess Gift in a Jar Ideas
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
- Ideal for quickly creating tags for gifts and other crafts, eliminating mistakes that waste materials and cause reworks
- Insert paper into the large slot and depress the lever for two cleanly punched-out, unique tag shapes
- Insert the punched-out tags into the small slot and depress the lever for perfectly centered tag holes
- Place an eyelet in the tag hole, slip the tag hole over the peg on the back of punch and depress the handle to set the eyelet with no noisy hammering
- Includes 20, 3/16" eyelets (also accommodates 5/32" eyelets)
- Tag size: 1.3" x 1.8"
- Punches heavier materials than standard punches, up to 80-lb. cardstock
- Lifetime warranty
- Label/Simple Double Tag Maker with Eyelet Setter (1.3" x 1.8")
- Ideal for adding distinctive stamped embellishments to handmade cards, scrapbook pages or other paper craft projects
- Innovative clear design lets you see where you’re stamping for perfectly placed embellishments without any wasted crafting materials
- Can be arranged and rearranged on stamp blocks in virtually limitless creative combinations
- Lasting stickiness means you can apply them and remove them from stamp blocks again and again
- Durable stamps provide crisply stamped images every time and won’t yellow with age
- Stamps lay flat on their storage sheet to help save space
- For best results, use with our Stamp Block Set or Easy Stamp Press
- Holiday Frolic Clear Stamps (3"x6")
- Ideal for stamping craft projects like scrapbook pages, cards, invitations, collages and more with a variety of stamp sizes
- Clear design lets you see where you’re stamping
- Grid lines provide easy alignment
- Includes convenient carrying case, perfect for the crafter on the go
- Works with a wide variety of clear stamps
- Sizes: 1" x 1", 2" x 2", 3" x 3", 2" x 6"
- Excess ink washes off the blocks easily with stamp cleaner or a solution of mild soap and water
- Lifetime warranty
- Stamp Block Set
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
Our exclusive design punches two distinct tags at once, punches a centered tag hole and even sets the eyelet without any noisy hammering.
Capture any sentiment with Clear Stamps that make adding mistake-free embellishments easy.
Four different sizes of traditional stamp blocks offer excellent stamping versatility.
Mason jars are such an easy and versatile element to work with in any DIY project, especially for the gift giving season. It only takes a few supplies to create a personalized and homemade gift for anybody on your Christmas list.
1. First, fill the mason jars with your cookie mix, layering in assorted, colorful holiday candy.
2. Add extra flare by putting doilies on the top of the mason jars before screwing the lids on.
3. Using the Tag Maker, punch tag shapes out of festive holiday patterned papers.
4. Insert the already punched tag shape into the smaller opening of the Tag Maker punch. This punch comes with a built-in hole punch, so you don’t need to bring out any extra hole punches. The hole is centered automatically for you, helping to create perfect tags every time.
5. Use the Holiday Stamps to add thoughtful sentiments to the tags. Acrylic stamps are great because you can arrange them in any design you want, and it’s easy to see exactly where you are stamping.
6. Use the Amplify® Mixed Media Shears to cut out circles from patterned papers. Don’t hesitate to cut multiple layers of paper with the shears because they are designed to cut through thick materials and multiple layers of cardstock.
7. Layer the punched tag onto the circle and secure to the front of each mason jar with twine. Attach baking instructions for the cookies to the back of the jar.
Keep several of these delightful mason jars on hand for last minute gift giving ideas that are sure to spread holiday cheer.
Click here for more inspiration on creating Christmas decor, ornaments and gifts.