Create a special and unique pumpkin decoration with simple cardstock. This paper pumpkin diorama is great for adults and children alike. Using paper and foam pumpkins means a mess-free time for all. Create a spooky scene or a sweet one; even add your own photos. The best part is that these paper pumpkin dioramas will live on for years to come, so make yours extra special.
Paper Pumpkin Decorations
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Ideal for precisely cutting of a wide variety of heavy-duty materials, including matte board, foam core, plastic, cardboard, wood and more
- Easy blade change lock makes switching blades virtually effortless
- Hefty, durable handle designed to withstand a range of cutting tasks
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Ergonomic handle is contoured to your hand’s natural grip
- Includes one #2 heavy-duty blade
- Compatible with standard heavy-duty blades, including #2, #15, #18, #19, #22, #25, #27 and extra-fine serrated saw blades
- 5-pack of replacement #2 heavy-duty blades available (item 164100)
- Full lifetime warranty
- Heavy-duty Easy Change Detail Knife (#2 Blade)
- Ideal for precisely cutting lightweight materials, including paper, cardstock, photos and more
- Stainless steel blade rotates 360º to make cutting curves and tight patterns easy
- Textured grip improves control and helps prevent slips
- Included safety cap protects the blade during storage
- Includes one swivel blade
- Only compatible with swivel blades
- Three-pack of replacement blades available (item 126060)
- Full lifetime warranty
- Swivel Detail Knife
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Easily cut a wide range of thick materials with a powerful, comfortable knife featuring faster, simpler blade changing.
Look for this at your local retailer
Cut curves and intricate patterns with a knife featuring a swiveling blade for smooth changes in direction.
Craft Paint and Brushes
Hot Glue Gun
1. Using the Heavy-duty Easy Change Detail Knife, cut a large opening in the front of the foam pumpkin. This knife is designed for heavy-duty materials so will effortlessly cut through the foam pumpkin, leaving a clean edge.
2. Some foam pumpkins are white, cream, orange or black inside. Paint the inside of your foam pumpkin to fit your chosen theme.
3. Using the Heavy-duty Easy Change Detail Knife, cut a small opening in the backside of the pumpkin that will easily allow you to add battery operated candles behind your design. For the flap to hang, just don’t cut all the way through the foam on the bottom.
4. Sketch your spooky or sweet Halloween scene! Using the Orange Handled Scissors, cut out your designs, but make sure to add flaps to the bottom of each design for gluing later.
5. For more detailed designs, use the Swivel Detail Knife on top of the Self-healing Cutting Mat. This knife features a blade that rotates 360° and is perfect for cutting out intricate patterns and curves.
6. The scene you create needs to have layers added at different depths. Think about adding a cloud or tree in the background with grass in the front.
7. Using a hot glue gun, add all the diorama elements into the foam pumpkin, starting with the farthest detail first and ending in the front.
8. If you use multi-colored paper your pumpkin diorama will look just as good in the daylight as it will at night.