This fast and fun pineapple look is the perfect project for a sweet and simple Halloween costume. It’s as easy as cutting felt, applying to a yellow dress and finishing with a cute pineapple leaf hairband. Happy Halloween, indeed!
DIY Pineapple Halloween Costume
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Hot glue gun
1. Cut brown felt diamonds. To make your own pineapple costume, first use the
Fiskars® Orange-handled Scissors™ and cut multiple diamond shapes from brown felt.
2. Adhere the felt to the dress. Next, take some fabric adhesive and glue the felt diamonds to the front of your yellow dress. Align the diamonds so that each row is offset against the preceding row. Allow the adhesive to dry.
3. Make the pineapple leaves hairband. To make the hairband, roll up a length of cardboard and tape in place to form a tube. Next, cut leaf shapes with your scissors from green felt and adhere them to the cardboard tube. Use a hot glue gun to attach the bottom of the tube to the plastic hairband. Put the look together for a fun night filled with trick-or-treating!