Add color and comfort to your small space with these DIY projects for your home. Adding color to a small space will quickly fill up your area with charm and create an illusion that makes your space appear larger than it really is. You can make this quick pillow and matching blanket in one weekend!
DIY Pillows and Blankets
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers of fabric, paper, felt and vinyl
- Pivoting handle locks in three positions - classic stick for familiar feel and control, power position to increase force when cutting thick materials and ergonomic left or right to take pressure off your wrist and improve sightlines
- High-grade, precision-ground, premium steel 45 mm rotary blade stays sharper
- Ergonomically sculpted handle with Softgrip provides added comfort
- Sliding button extends blade guard when not in use
- Designed for both right- and left-handed use
- Full lifetime warranty (excludes blades)
- Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter (45 mm)
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Ultra-sharp, high-grade, stainless steel blades on our 8” RazorEdge™ Easy Action™ Fabric Shears glide through fabric and cut all the way to the tip
- Winner of the Arthritis Foundation® Ease-of-Use Commendation, its spring-action design gently opens blades after each cut to reduce hand strain
- Unique, contoured handle fits the natural shape of your hand and lets you lay fabric flat for more accurate, tabletop cutting
- Ideal for all-purpose, tabletop cuts through fabrics like silk, oil cloth, light leather, polyester, cotton, crepe, felt and much more
- Full lifetime warranty
- RazorEdge™ Easy Action™ Fabric Shears for Tabletop Cutting (8”)
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip® blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 4.9"
- Lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip Scissors (No. 5)
A pivoting handle adjusts to three positions to increase comfort, improve sightlines and make cutting thick materials easier.
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Choose Micro-Tip® blades for unmatched cutting precision.
To make a customized pillow cover
1. Measure the pillow you want to cover and add an extra ½” seam allowance.
2. Determine what word you want to say and print out letters onto paper.
3. Pin the printed letter on top of felt. Use the Razor Edge™ Fabric Shears for Tabletop Cutting to cut out the letters from felt. You will have clean lines in your fabric when cutting with these shears because of the ultra-sharp, stainless-steel blades and offset handle design, which helps keep fabric flat.
4. Use the Easy Action™ Micro-Tip® Scissors for cutting the details out. With its smaller blades and pointed tip, this is the ideal tool for cutting in tight spaces or at awkward angles.
5. Align your fabric edge to the grid on a cutting mat and place the ruler on top of the fabric. Using the Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter, cut a fabric rectangle to make your pillow cover. Using this tool in the power position, where the blade is directly under the handle, gives you more force when you are cutting, while providing a more natural feel.
6. With the wrong sides facing out, pin and sew three edges of the cover.
7. Turn your pillow cover the right way and cover your designated pillow.
8. Hand stitch the remaining edge.
9. Adhere the felt letters onto the pillow front using a strong fabric adhesive.
Don’t forget to add a warm cozy blanket! If you can work a pair of knitting needles, add a matching knit blanket to match your new pillow cover. Keep your Easy Action™ Micro-Tip® Scissors close by for snipping off a tail if you change colors.
The inspiration for these pillow covers is as endless as the fabric aisle. Personalized pillow covers are a great way to refresh your space and customize covers for every season.
Click here for more inspiration on making the most of your small space!