Bats are an iconic symbol of Halloween and we’re celebrating their silhouettes with this awesome décor project! Using the Fiskars® Total Control® Non-Stick Precision Scissors, easily cut out your favorite bat shapes and in no time you’ll have enough to create this amazing chandelier centerpiece. This show-stopping décor element is sure to be a conversation starter and a new favorite in your home this year!
Bat Chandelier Centerpiece
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- PowerGear® patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to 3X more power on every cut
- Powers through tough stems and branches that traditional pruners can’t
- Patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism optimizes your cutting power in the middle of the cut where the branch is thickest and you need it most
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Fully hardened steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blade from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blade resist rust
- Rugged DuraFrame® construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Contoured, rolling handle fits the shape and natural motion of your hand for comfortable use and reduced hand fatigue
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 3/4" dia.
- Lifetime warranty
- PowerGear2™ Pruner
- Ideal for precisely cutting tape, adhesive, chipboard, burlap and much more
- Ergonomically sculpted handle rests in the palm of your hand offering exceptional control and comfort
- Non-stick blade coating makes it easy to cut through materials with sticky adhesives like tape or glue and makes clean up easier too
- Easy Action™ thumb-activated cutting motion maximizes control and limits fatigue
- Micro-Tip® blades offer unmatched cutting precision, especially in tight spaces
- Easy-open thumb lock provides safe storage and transportation
- Softgrip® touchpoints for maximum comfort during detail and repetitive cutting
- Length: approximately 7”
- Full lifetime warranty
- Total Control® Non-stick Precision Scissors
- Traditional design is ideal for punching simple shapes in craft projects for both functional and decorative purposes
- Cushioned grip provides comfortable use
- Confetti catcher holds all clippings
- Color-coded handle makes it easy to find the right punch in your collection
- For best results, use on 65-lb. cardstock and lower
- Lifetime warranty
- Rectangle Hand Punch (1/4")
Enhanced to maximize leverage where you need it most, so you can power through stems and light branches up to 3/4" diameter with ease.
Designed to execute the finest details through a variety of materials, these premium scissors are proof that the little things mean everything.
A traditional design makes punching simple shapes quick and easy.
Spray Paint (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
Step 1: Find your bat shape. Search “bat clip art” on the internet and find your favorite bat shapes. Print them out at different sizes and then use the
Fiskars® Total Control® Non-Stick Precision Scissors to cut out each one. These are your bat patterns.
Step 2: Trace your bat patterns. Select different colors of gray cardstock, trace your bat templates onto them and then cut out with the scissors. The easy thumb action of these scissors truly gives tons of control - which is perfect for cutting in tight spaces. The spring action helps cut hand fatigue, too.
Step 3: Cut out bat patterns. Fold each bat in half and then punch using the edge of the
Fiskars® ¼” Rectangle Hand Punch. This adds a little hole right at the “head” area of the bat, so you can tie them on a string. Don’t punch all of the bat shapes as you’ll hot glue a few, as well.
Step 4: Assemble your branches. Gather a bunch of sticks and spray paint them black (or buy black sticks like I did at your local craft store), and cut them down to size using your
Fiskars® PowerGear2™ Pruner. Arrange in a vase full of sand or stones.
Step 5: Assemble your bats. Cut pieces of string, tie onto each bat and hang from a branch. Hang as many bats as you like.
Step 6: Finish the centerpiece. For areas that you can’t hang a bat from, simply hot glue them onto the sticks. Once finished, you’ll have an amazing décor piece perfect for Halloween!
Bonus Tip: Looking for something a little smaller? Try creating this mini bat chandelier for your desk at work or at home. Any small space would be happy to hold these darling bats during the holiday season.