Display the love in the air by lining the aisle with bright and whimsical heart sticks. The easy DIY decorations will guide you toward the love of your life.
Hearts on a Stick - DIY Aisle Decor
By Jen Causey of Something Turquoise
- Use cleanly punched-out designs as embellishments on homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Unique design makes it up to 2X easier to punch shapes than other shape punches on the market
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- Nests with other punches for compact, convenient storage
- Printed shape provides easy identification to help you find the punch you’re looking for quickly
- Extra-large punch design fits inside a 2" circle
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- That's Amore Squeeze Punch (XL, 2")
- Ideal for trimming a wide range of large office materials
- Built-in LEDs provide an illuminated cut-line for perfectly aligned cuts and last a lifetime
- Light turns off after approximately two minutes of inactivity to save batteries
- Clear line of sight offers an additional safeguard to make sure you’re cutting in exactly in the right spot
- Rotary blade cuts multiple sheets of paper without tearing or fanning
- Large aluminum cutting surface accommodates paper up to 12" x 12", improves scale visibility for accurate measurements and will never wear out
- 1/16" gridlines with larger font sizes and accented lines provide an additional guide for precise measuring
- Expanded cut rail with integrated smudge guard holds materials in place without fingerprints
- Replaceable cutting bar protects blade edge and can be rotated four times for a long-lasting cutting surface
- Higher paper fence makes lining up paper easier
- Fixed cutting rail is permanently set to eliminate the hassle of lifting it for every cut
- Blade guard protects your fingers during use
- Built-in blade storage holds up to three replacement blades
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Replacement blade available
- 12" cut length
- Includes three AA batteries
- Lifetime warranty
- LED SureCut™ Trimmer (12")
Create distinctive style with a punch that’s easy to squeeze!
Out of Stock
An illuminated cut-line and a large deck offer excellent precision when trimming office materials.
2” x 12” Cardstock (your choice of colors)
16″ BBQ Skewers
Hot Glue Gun
Unique handmade heart picks are the perfect way for bridesmaids to help the DIY bride fill the aisle with love. With just a few tools, the hearts are easy to make, and can be customized to match the style and theme of any wedding. Nobody will forget the wedding lined with love.
How much paper and how many sticks will you need?
To figure out how much paper and how many sticks you will need measure the area you want to cover in hearts. Then, decide if you want them all packed together or more spread apart. If you want them packed together, plan for 12 sticks for each foot. If you want them more spread apart, plan for 6 picks for each foot. Don’t forget to plan for each side of the aisle.
When selecting your paper, we suggest using at least 4 different solid colors, 3 patterned papers and a metallic. You will get 30 hearts out of each 12”x12” piece of paper.
1. Trim your 12x12 paper into 2″ strips. The LED SureCut Trimmer is great because it actually lights up along the cut line so you can see exactly where you are cutting! Each 12″ page will give you 6 strips. This makes it easy to punch out the hearts and maximize all of your paper.
2. Slide each strip of paper into your That’s Amore Punch and squeeze! You can get five hearts out of each 12″ strip. This punch is so easy to squeeze, you will breeze through the paper in no time.
3. You will need 2 hearts for each stick. Add a little hot glue to the middle of the heart and then add the stick.
4. Add a little more hot glue to each side of the heart and cover with the second heart. Firmly hold the hearts together for about 10 seconds or until the hot glue is cool.
Making decorations that represent you and your personality are the easiest way to create a memorable experience for you and your guests. They will certainly remember these little hearts as a unique detail of your special day.
Thanks to SomethingTurquoise.com for providing this cute tutorial for the DIY bride. You can see the original post here.