No graduation party is complete without cake! Learn how to dress up party food and celebrate your grad's big day in style.
DIY Food Decorating Ideas for Your Summer Party
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (8")
- The Fiskars® ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a dual-rail system that eliminates blade wiggle for straight, precise cuts
- Rotary bypass blade stays sharp, so it never needs to be replaced
- Cuts thick DIY materials such as cork, magnet, chipboard and more
- Grid line measurements on the top and bottom of the smudge guard provide versatile use for both right- and left-handed users
- Full lifetime warranty
- ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer (12")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks.
1. Use the paper trimmer to cut self-adhesive cardstock into strips measuring 3/4” wide.
2. Attach the 'Congrats GRAD' stamps from the Monumental Moments Clear Stamp Set to the Acrylic Stamp block, and stamp each trimmed strip of self-adhesive cardstock. The acrylic blocks are clear and allow you to see exactly where you are stamping.
3. Wrap the strips of cardstock about 1” down from the top of the straws and use the 8” Amplify® Mixed Media Shears to trim the ends to a pointed flag shape.
1. To adorn your cake with a simple graduation themed cake topper, use the Medium Banner Thick Materials Punch to cut 6 shapes from cardstock.
2. Add alpha stickers to spell 'GRAD' and arrows cut using the Small Arrow Thick Materials Punch.
3. Adhere the banner pieces to a length of twine tied at each end to wooden skewers and insert in to the top of your cake.
Enjoy your stylish treats with party guests!