Craft Premium Portable Paper Trimmer Fun
By Susan Weinroth
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of crafting materials including paper, photos, scrapbook pages or specialty materials
- Widest base on the market (6 1/4") makes card cutting easier than ever
- SureCut™ wire cut-line makes it easy to see where blade will cut for unmatched accuracy
- Patented TripleTrack™ System interlocks blade and rail for cuts that are straight and steady, never curved or wobbly
- Self-leveling swing-out arm extends the measuring deck to over 15" to cut extra-large crafting materials with precision
- Permanent scale and grid cutting mat is printed from underneath to last
- 1/16" gridlines provide an additional guide for precise measuring
- Expanded cut rail with integrated smudge guard holds paper or photos in place without fingerprints
- High-profile blade carriage is easier to grip than other trimmers
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Cuts multiple sheets of paper at once
- Works with either high profile or low profile TripleTrack™ blades, style I
- 12" cut length
- Lifetime warranty
- SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (12")
- Ideal for cutting shapes for papercrafts using shape templates or freehand
- Blade swivels 360 degrees to make cutting curves easy in shape templates and offer creative freedom when cutting freehand
- Ergonomically sculpted design provides excellent grip and comfortable use
- Fine-tuning dial adjusts blade depth to cut different paper thicknesses
- Arm lock holds blade securely in place
- Softgrip® pad provides excellent stability and prevents slippage while you cut
- Includes two blades
- Replacement blades available (Item 148010-1001)
- Lifetime warranty
- Ultra ShapeXpress™ Shape Cutter
- Use cleanly punched-out designs as embellishments on homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Unique design makes it up to 2X easier to punch shapes than other shape punches on the market
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- Nests with other punches for compact, convenient storage
- Printed shape provides easy identification to help you find the punch you’re looking for quickly
- Extra-large punch design fits inside a 2" circle
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- Round ’n Round Squeeze Punch (Extra-Large)
Large-deck trimmer provides cutting precision for the full spectrum of craft projects.
Cut the perfect shape for any occasion!
Create distinctive style with a punch that’s easy to squeeze!
My first project involves using coordinated scraps to create a patchwork design and feel on your scrapbook page. Start by choosing a photo (or two!) to scrap, and then selecting a variety of color coordinated paper scraps from your scrap pile.Next use your trimmer to measure and cut “patches” of paper to fill an 11x11 square piece of cardstock (that will then be mounted on background cardstock). Use the cutting guide on the trimmer to precisely trim each piece and then adhere in a patchwork style onto your layout.
After the patch-working is complete, add journaling and a title to one or more blocks. Use various sized Fiskars circle punches to accent the layout with complementary patterned papers. Machine stitch along the seams of where you’ve pieced different papers together. The finished result will be a fun and colorful page with a homespun look.
The second technique I played with uses the classic method of paper weaving, with a few Fiskars tools thrown in to make the process easier! Start by using your trimmer to cut various width strips of different patterned papers.Next start in a horizontal fashion and make a light pencil mark on the left side of your card (or page) about the width of your paper strip. Use your Fiskars craft knife to slice the marked length open, so that the paper strip can be woven in. Secure the left side of the paper strip under the card/project with a small amount of adhesive. Repeat the process of making a slice mark on the right side of your card/project and feed the opposite end of your paper strip through. The “rough” end of the strip can be trimmed on an angle and left visible as shown in the photo. After horizontal strips are complete, weave more paper strips in a vertical fashion through the horizontal strips that are already in place. Use the craft knife “slicing technique” to secure one end of each vertical strip as well. Alternate (top vs bottom) which end of the strip is secured.
Once woven, use the Fiskars Ultra Shape Xpress tool and circle template to add a cardstock circle to the top of your card. Choose a greeting for your card, and then embellish with rhinestones and pearls.
My third project incorporates another Fiskars paper trimmer – the Portable Rotary Trimmer – and demonstrates a new way to use the Scallop Blade that you may not initially have thought of. I love the look of the “reverse scallop” – or the opposite side of what is left on your paper after you trim and create a pretty scallop edge on the other side of your piece of paper. Why not use those reverse scallops to embellish a project?
Start by trimming a variety of coordinated patterned papers with the scallop rotary blade attached to your rotary trimmer. Arrange your reverse scallop strips on your layout as desired.
I arranged mine at the bottom of a photo that I had double matted on cardstock. Adhere the strips and then add a title and machine stitching to your page to finish it off.
The layered look of the reverse scallops adds a nice element of texture to your page design!
I hope that after reading this article, you’ll look at your Fiskars paper trimmer in a new light! Think of waysbeyond just “trimming paper” to get the most out of this very versatile tool!