Using the new Amplify® Mixed Media Shears, you can bring a variety of tough materials to your mixed media layouts.
Mixed Media Layout
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through multiple layers or thick and heavy mixed media materials like cardstock, magnet, chipboard, fiberglass cloth and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick mixed media materials and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- Premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge cut cleanly all the way to the tip and stay sharp
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 6"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® Mixed Media Shears (6")
Designed to cut thick and heavy mixed media, these shears feature short blades ideal for cutting in tight spaces.
One sheet 12” x 12” cardstock
24 gauge wire
Clean soda can
Plastic canvas mesh
Needle and thread
1. Start with a sheet of 12” x 12” cardstock. I used watered-down paint to flick paint splotches as a background.
2. Insert two brads, centrally positioned along the top half of the cardstock. Use your 6” Amplify® Shears to cut a length of wire and wrap it between the two brads. Allow the ends of the wire to hang artfully.
3. Create little flags to hang on the wire by carefully cutting shapes from a clean soda can. Curl the edges slightly to create ‘movement’.
4. Cut a piece of cork sheet to use as your photo mount on the center of your page. Round off the corners with your Amplify® Shears.
5. Cut a piece of plastic canvas mesh and stitch a pattern through the mesh using a needle and embroidery floss.
6. Layer your embellishments behind the cork sheet for added dimension and add a sentiment if desired. I also added a doily for extra texture.
7. To finish, I cut a length of red wire with my Amplify® Shears and created a simple heart shape which I added to the layout.