A simple, soft, DIY baby blanket can make a perfect gift. When the baby’s name has been chosen, a monogrammed blanket will create a sweet and personalized addition to the new baby’s room.
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting multiple layers and all-purpose cutting through thick fabrics like leather, upholstery, vinyl, burlap, suede, flannel and much more
- Amplify® technology senses blade separation when cutting thick fabrics and forces the blades back together for crisp, clean cuts every time — the floating blade tang transfers energy to the torsion bar which adjusts the blade to its optimal angle
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Exceptional comfort and control provided by thumb and finger loops with ergonomic sculpting to fit the shape and natural movement of the hand
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Protective sheath keeps the blades safe and protected
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Cutting Scissors (8")
- Ideal for measuring and making precise, clean cuts through fabric when cutting squares, triangles and other shapes
- Ergonomic handle and a 45 mm rotary blade make smooth, confident cuts through multiple layers of fabric easy
- Spring-activated blade only engages when in use
- Built-in ruler features a 12" x 12" measuring grid with highlighted numbers that are easy to see on light or dark fabric
- Grid is clearly printed on both sides for easy right- and left-handed use
- Bias lines make it easy to measure angles before cutting
- Rail design prevents lint build up
- Traction strip provides excellent stability while cutting
- Magnetic system provides easy, safe, no-touch blade change (extra blades and magnetic blade change tool sold separately)
- Built-in handle offers convenient transportation
- Lifetime warranty
- Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo (12" x 12")
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
Designed to cut thick and heavy fabrics, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades ideal for all-purpose cutting tasks
Specifically designed to cut multiple layers, a rotary cutter with a 12" x 12"ruler attached makes measuring and cutting perfect shapes from fabric easier than ever.
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
1 yard minky fabric
1 yard cotton print fabric
Two-sided fusible web
Sewing machine and thread
1. Pre-wash all fabric that will be used to create the blanket. Use the Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo to trim both yards of fabric to the same size. This tool will help you get perfectly straight and clean cuts, especially along the longer cuts of fabric, since the blade is attached to the ruler.
2. Apply two-sided craft fusible web to the back of a piece of felt. Trace the desired initials on to the backing paper and use the 8” Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears to cut out the initials. These shears are great for obtaining precise cuts with fabrics.
3. Add the felt to the minky fabric, and then, blanket stitch the outer edge of the letters.
4. Place the minky fabric and cotton print together with right sides facing. Pin around the perimeter, but leave a 6” hole along one of the sides. Sew the two pieces of fabric together.
5. Use the Amplify Fabric Shears to trim the seam allowance and the corners of the blanket.
6. Turn the blanket to the right side through the turning hole. Make a top stitch around the entire edge of the blanket, closing the turning hole as you do so.
This baby blanket will serve as a soft and cozy keepsake for years to come, made especially by you.