This top is simple to sew, but the sequins truly stand out! You’ll be sure to turn heads as you sparkle and shine at your holiday events and parties.
Sequin Sparkle Top
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Highlighted seam allowance makes it easy to cut fabric strips up to 6" wide directly from the bolt
- Broken grid lines and easy-to-read measurements make measuring quick and accurate
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree line indicators make it easy to cut at perfect angles
- Optional non-slip vinyl feet can be added or removed without damaging the ruler
- Made of 3 mm-thick acrylic for lasting durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Acrylic Ruler (6" x 24")
- Ideal for precisely cutting common thread, cotton, silk, polyester, linen, upholstery, canvas and more
- Includes three essential fabric blades: one seam ripper blade, one standard #9 buttonhole blade and one standard #11 blade
- Easy blade change lock makes switching blades virtually effortless
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Ergonomic handle is contoured to your hand’s natural grip
- No-roll design prevents knife from rolling off work surface
- Included safety cap protects blade during storage
- Packaging doubles as blade case for safe, convenient storage
- Replacement blades available: seam ripper blades (item 164030), standard #9 buttonhole blades (item 16404), standard #11 blades (item 196010)
- Full lifetime warranty
- To remove blade, pull out orange lever, then turn lever down and push into handle. Carefully remove blade. Always avoid contact with sharp edge
- To insert blade, insert blade base into blade slot. Turn up and push in orange lever to lock blade in place
- Easy Change Fabric Knife (3 blades)
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Out of Stock
Perfectly sized for cutting fabric from the bolt.
Rip seams, cut buttonholes and make detailed cuts into fabric with one comfortable, multipurpose knife.
'Mermaid' sequin fabric
Sewing machine and thread
Existing top for tracing pattern
Needle and thread
1. Trace the top front. To make your own glitter shimmer top pattern, start by selecting a plain top of any kind to serve as the base and a sequin fabric you love. Fold the existing plain top in half vertically along its back and lay it on top of your folded sequin fabric. Align the fold of the plain top with the fold of the sequin fabric. Trace around the front half of the top, paying attention to the front neckline. Label this piece 'front'.
2. Trace the top back. Next, refold the plain top along its front to trace the back pattern piece. Align this fold with the folded edge of the sequin fabric once more. Trace around the back. Label this pattern piece 'back'.
3. Add seam allowance. Using the
Fiskars® Acrylic Ruler to guide you, draw a second line 1/2” away from the first line. This will be the seam allowance.
4. Cut out your pattern. Cut out your two pattern pieces along the second marked line, using the
Fiskars® Orange-handled Scissors™.
5. Prepare the sequin fabric for sewing. In order to sew the two fabric pieces together, you will need to remove some rows of sequins within the seam allowance. Use the
Fiskars® Sewing and Quilting Knife with the seam ripper blade to remove the sequins along the 1/2” seam allowance across the shoulder, side seams, neckline and armholes.
6. Pin your pattern pieces together. Lay the cut out sequin top back piece on the work surface with the right side of the fabric facing you. Place the cut out sequin top front piece on top, so that the right sides of the two fabric pieces are facing each other. Pin the two fabric pieces together at the shoulders and side seams.
7. Sew the fabric. Sew the sequin fabric top pieces together at the side seams and shoulders to create your new top.
8. Finish the top. The reversible sequin fabric will not fray, but finish the neckline and arm holes for a neat finish by trimming the raw fabric edge to 1/4”. Flip the top inside out so the sequin faces you and get ready for your party!